Final ST Audiodrama episode: "Suicide Run"

By Babaganoosh, in X-Wing

Hi! As part of the Shuttle Tydirium's narrative event at Gencon 2017, we've produced a short audiodrama series introducing players to the background for our event. This is the last episode in that series.

We're really pleased with how well this project has turned out. Even if you're not interested in our event, give these a listen! Any fan of Star Wars will not be disappointed.

EPISODE 4: SUICIDE RUN

If you haven't listened to the previous episodes, you can find them here:

EPISODE 1: GRAYSKULL

EPISODE 2: BUZZ THE LINE

EPISODE 3: SPLENDID WIND

Edited by Babaganoosh

I was really impressed with the last episode! We got a bunch of other people to do the bit voices. The music makes it, for me. I am impressed. I feel like I'm the worst part of it with my voice acting.

Just to name drop, Ryan from Mynock said it was "awesome".

i'm looking forward to listening to the last installment. Loved the others so far!!

Now, what color variations are on the X wings so i can paint up my Generics to be Bowlin, Tellin and Nols??

30 minutes ago, taulover55 said:

i'm looking forward to listening to the last installment. Loved the others so far!!

Now, what color variations are on the X wings so i can paint up my Generics to be Bowlin, Tellin and Nols??

Killjoy squadron uses a green trim on their x wings. Painting over the red would be the most straightforward way to do it, but you could also get more creative.

22 minutes ago, Babaganoosh said:

Killjoy squadron uses a green trim on their x wings. Painting over the red would be the most straightforward way to do it, but you could also get more creative.

Green (well, Dark Green) is one of my favourite colors (i loved playing with Dark Angels in Warhammer)

Would Bowlin like to upgrade to a nice E wing i'm part way through painting?? lol.

Awesome episode! I felt like I was right there with the KillJoys.

Wonderful series. This is an awesome service to the community and is a very creative undertaking. We are lucky that you're sharing your creativity with us!

1 hour ago, taulover55 said:

Green (well, Dark Green) is one of my favourite colors (i loved playing with Dark Angels in Warhammer)

Would Bowlin like to upgrade to a nice E wing i'm part way through painting?? lol.

Haha - we'll have to see if Bowlin survives the narrative first

Have you guys set up a Patreon yet?

What you guys do/have done needs compensation! (Besides love and adulation)

Just listened and--Wow! So good!

Phil, great script. So much tension.

Will there be a follow-up episode after Gen Con?

Also the additional voice talent was cool (no offense to he regulars) I really liked storm cloud leader

1 hour ago, Force Majeure said:

Have you guys set up a Patreon yet?

What you guys do/have done needs compensation! (Besides love and adulation)

We figure we will try to tackle GenCon first....and then see about Patreon next. Unless we just hook up a $1 per episode with no rewards????

56 minutes ago, BlodVargarna said:

Also the additional voice talent was cool (no offense to he regulars) I really liked storm cloud leader

I agree. He's my favorite (no offense to anyone else who did work....really!). He's Italian.

2 hours ago, Force Majeure said:

Just listened and--Wow! So good!

Phil, great script. So much tension.

Will there be a follow-up episode after Gen Con?

Thanks! I have to give a lot of credit to the music. Many thanks to the composer, who puts his stuff on free music archive for people to use for free (as long as they're not selling it for profit). I stuck a few bucks in his tip jar when I was done, but his music is really worth a lot more.

I've been asked about what we'll be doing in terms of the story after gencon a couple of times. I'm not sure that we'll want to put out another audiodrama to wrap things up, but it's not impossible. On one hand, we won't know what 'happens' to the characters until we are done with the narrative at gencon. But we also want to make this available for people to run, and I'm not sure how I feel about making a 'canon' ending for the story, when people will be running it for themselves. The narrative should serve to finish the story.

I'm actually going to be updating a lot of the narrative blurbs, adding 1-2 more special narrative-focused missions, and adding in a couple of elements to enhance the narrative during the event (such as playable characters from the narrative). I'm on vacation for the next two weeks, but that stuff will show up before July.

1 hour ago, heychadwick said:

I agree. He's my favorite (no offense to anyone else who did work....really!). He's Italian.

Spin-off series for Stormcloud squadron anyone?

Just kidding

(OR AM I?)

Loved it guys! well done to all involved!!

now, Markings for Stormcloud squadron?? i'm on a bit of a re-painting run currently. lol

59 minutes ago, taulover55 said:

now, Markings for Stormcloud squadron?? i'm on a bit of a re-painting run currently. lol

Thanks!

We did say the colors in one episode. I think it's Episode 3? It's when they talk about the crowded hanger space. Of course, I don't recall what they were....

I really do think this last one came out great.

Edited by heychadwick
2 hours ago, taulover55 said:

I don't think we actually defined the markings for Whitecap and Stormcloud. But I think Whitecap would be blue, and Stormcloud would be a dark gray and yellow.

Edited by Babaganoosh
Just now, Babaganoosh said:

I don't think we actually defined the markings for Whitecap and Stormcloud. But I think Whitecap would be blue, and Stormcloud would be gray and yellow.

Awesome i'll have a looksie and see what i can come up with.

Amazing! Very well written and performed. You guys all did fantastic!

I chuckled when Nols asked, "Do you think it's a trap?" Lots of nods to the original trilogy made it feel like authentic Star Wars.

I just started listening to them after you talked about it in the recent Mynock episode, and I really like them. Just finished Splendid Wind and tomorrow I'll have time for the suicide run.

It's really entertaining and I have to say, I do like the story

Edit: screw it, started listening right away

That was dark, but then again it is called suicide run...

I had to smile when Jim said "ATAT" the first time. I think I remember a discussion you guys had in an episode way back...

Edited by GreenDragoon
3 hours ago, Parakitor said:

Amazing! Very well written and performed. You guys all did fantastic!

I chuckled when Nols asked, "Do you think it's a trap?" Lots of nods to the original trilogy made it feel like authentic Star Wars.

Thanks! I was trying to make some references, but not get too cute with them. I ended up cutting the scene with Ponda Baba, for example. ;)

2 hours ago, GreenDragoon said:

I just started listening to them after you talked about it in the recent Mynock episode, and I really like them. Just finished Splendid Wind and tomorrow I'll have time for the suicide run.

It's really entertaining and I have to say, I do like the story

Edit: screw it, started listening right away

That was dark, but then again it is called suicide run...

I had to smile when Jim said "ATAT" the first time. I think I remember a discussion you guys had in an episode way back...

I'm glad you liked the series! I was also keeping that pronunciation in mind when writing. Also, I was going to kill Nols but I thought that would be too much and I switched it to badly injured.

19 minutes ago, Babaganoosh said:

I ended up cutting the scene with Ponda Baba, for example. ;)

LOL! :lol:

Well holy cow that was amazing and I so wish I could go to the gencon event. But oh well, I'll see if the people where I play would wanna give the campaign a try

I find the lack of Ewoks very disturbing.

This was my favorite of the series.