Blow-through attack

By lishai, in Doom

Playing game for marine i've got some question.When i attack another space using blow-through attack do

i need check range?I ask this question because when for example you attack second space with shotgun/chaingun you often miss because red die that left has small range value.

lishai said:

Playing game for marine i've got some question.When i attack another space using blow-through attack do

i need check range?I ask this question because when for example you attack second space with shotgun/chaingun you often miss because red die that left has small range value.

Of course you do! Chaingun has 2 Greens so only the 2nd "shift" should be risky (unless you're shooting very far away). If Shotgun can miss a regular shot to an adjacent square because of rolling 0 range, the blow-through can't?

Note: Last game my friend had Officer (+1 range, +1 pip) and Spec Ops (+2 pip to red-die weapons), he was blow-throughing Hell Knights and Mancubuses with the dang Shotgun like they were butter. Sure, he ran out of ammo, but still, it wasn't fun (for me) while it lasted.

Thanks for information