Mini expansion idea - Sandstorm

By Thundershield, in Talisman Home Brews

Hello all, I just recently picked up talisman and the highland expac. With talisman expacs being prohibitively expensive due to being out of print I decided to make my own. And so, I give you the Sandstorm!

The Sandstorm card itself will be a modified terrain card that moves around the middle region. Here's its text:

Draw 1 Storm card even if there are already cards in this space. Whenever a player gets a six for movement roll a die and move the the sandstorm that many spaces in a random direction. any adventure cards it lands on is discarded. When you start your turn here, roll 1 die: 1: Lose 1 life and draw a Storm card. 2-5: Draw a Storm card. 6: Move as normal.

For the storm deck I think it would be fun to have it be nasty, something you want to avoid. To this end I'm planning on having a very high number of events, very few of which will be good. Also a small number of medium to large enemies, nothing small. One important enemy would be the Master of the storm, who is the one driving this whole sandstorm. If he is killed, the sandstorm dissipates, leaving you with an epic artifact. The Next part would be various places the sandstorm could uncover, such as the cave, or a buried city. Lastly, artifacts and various odds and ends of items and strangers.

You can see the excel with all the cards on it here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11Y-2-jE5aTHFINt0rXevR30_TkJiKm-sVi1sUMNnYHc/edit?usp=sharing

Also, I've mocked some of the cards up in Strange eons. Currently, You can see them here: Card Deck 1.eonCard Deck 1.eon

So what do you guys think? This is my first time homebrewing for talisman, so I'm certain I've made some mistakes and there are some things I could improve on. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Also if anyone else wants to add anything to this idea, feel free to.

Edited by Thundershield
On 2.06.2017 at 6:07 AM, Thundershield said:

Whenever a player gets a six for movement roll a die and move the the sandstorm that many spaces in a random direction. any adventure cards it lands on is discarded.

I would avoid this mechanic. Speaking from experience, people will forget to do this constantly.