Lieutenant Spawning (Yet another RtL + ToI question)

By cribolouf, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

I know this forum's probably getting sick of ToI + RtL integration questions. But, I just picked up ToI today, and although I've got a good grasp on how feats integrate (which everyone else seemed to be griping about). I couldn't find any threads about this issue.

My question is: How much would the overlord need to pay to spawn the new monster types in a battle with a Lieutenant?

I'd like to hear how other people solved this.

Well, in the game as is, none of the Lieutenants could spawn any of the new monsters anyway. You are limited to the types that they have in their minions.

So it isn't an issue from FFG's point of view.

If you want to create a Lieutenant that can spawn them, you'll have to create your own numbers as well.

This is one of the things I don't like about Descent expansions. Each new one has basically nothing that assumes ownership of the others. So you never get your expansions mixed. sad.gif

rtl mixes both aod and the other one pritty well in my eye's

if it wouldnt i wouldnt have baught em

Yes. In the RTL Rulebook, it says that a Leiutenant can only reinforce monsters already on his card. I even think, that he can only reinforce normal (white) monsters even if he or she has any masters on the card itself. However, you 'can' spawn the new monsters through using the new spawn cards if you buy up Monster Treachery. Just remember that they spawn outside the board, and walk in like normal reinforcements.