Is this what asmodee brought us?

By joecolade, in Star Wars: The Card Game

Dear Mr. Petersen or to whoever is interested in this,

to quote your announcement

“By joining forces with Asmodee, we’ll be able to continue that growth, expand our international marketing capabilities, and create additional career opportunities for our terrific staff. Most importantly, we can do this while staying true to our vision of creating great products for the global hobby games market.”

from https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2014/11/17/fantasy-flight-games-to-merge-into-the-asmodee-group-tm/

My background:

I am a Fantasy Flight supporter from the very first hour.

In overall i have 500 single product items from your company.

I hoped this merger did somethign good.

I started lot of your game series in english, but live in germany

What i see at the moment:

My friendly local gaming store does not get your products in the store in english.

I could get the german stuff, but most my series are in english.

This was never a problem, until Asmodee kicked in.

Now i have at least 12 articles from Star Wars LCG, Netrunner LCG, Descent - Chains that rust and many more on preorder

in my local gaming store that never appear.

So my question:

Is your goal reached?

Yours

A really pissed off german customer that wants your products but does not get them

Markus Degen

It's mostly the same here in Italy as well, getting the English edition of their games is almost impossible unless you want to pay at least a good 50% more. Additionally, if you go to a tournament, you get promo cards in Italian, which are a fantastic idea if you need new toilet paper, in case you collect their games in English (same for some errata cards and so on)

I'm still able to get some games at decent prices from retailers located in the UK, but this is gonna end as soon as the consequences of Brexit will be heard and shipping out of the UK will mean paying customs

No answer fom FFG. :(

Where you expecting a response from them on the forum? If that's the case, you should know that no FFG employees post on these forums (with rare exception of moderators having to step in, but that's unusual).

So happy FFG normally doesn’t translate their products to Dutch.

None of these problem here fortunately.

Asmodee North America has killed FFG. I am selling as much of their products as I can. FFG is dead long may they be remembered.

On 11/3/2017 at 1:16 PM, Toqtamish said:

Asmodee North America has killed FFG. I am selling as much of their products as I can. FFG is dead long may they be remembered.

Man.. and you were one of the true believers, too. What are your biggest gripes? Message me if you don't want to post openly.

my store still waiting for the last 2 sets and lets not talk about L5R