Type of Duty for an Assassin PC

By Wookiee Scholar, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion RPG

Sorry if this has been covered before, but I did a search and didn't find it.

I am a new GM, having only run one-shots for my son and his buddies. This time we are actually trying to put together a more cohesive campaign. Here is my conundrum:

The PC group is basically an Edge of the Empire type group (living outside the law, not wanting to be noticed by law enforcement or the empire, etc). One PC's story is that he was being trained as a Jedi Sentinel Shadow when his training partner turned to the dark side and killed their master. He was not able to find another master as the few remaining Jedi are in hiding still. He is carrying the Betrayal Obligation, as this betrayal by his training partner, someone he had come to see as a brother, killed their master. Additionally, unbeknownst to the rest of the PC group, he works for the Rebels by taking on assassination contracts, killing high value military and political targets. What type of duty would this be?

Thanks in advance!!!

Brad

Enemy demoralization

Psychological Warfare could work, as could Sabotage (you're literally undercutting the effectiveness of Imperial command) or Support (you do the dirty wetwork that allows your fellow Rebels to succeed on their missions). You could probably spin Combat Victory into being applicable, in that by taking out high profile targets you're showing that the Imperial military machine isn't the undefeatable juggernaut that propaganda claims it to be.

11 hours ago, TheShard said:

Enemy demoralization

2 hours ago, Donovan Morningfire said:

Psychological Warfare could work, as could Sabotage (you're literally undercutting the effectiveness of Imperial command) or Support (you do the dirty wetwork that allows your fellow Rebels to succeed on their missions). You could probably spin Combat Victory into being applicable, in that by taking out high profile targets you're showing that the Imperial military machine isn't the undefeatable juggernaut that propaganda claims it to be.

Thanks. I had been leaning torn between Enemy Demoralization and Sabotage. I think since these assassinations include political targets, and not just military targets, that I am going to go with Sabotage.

Thanks to you both for your input!

There isn't anything preventing you from making up your own Duty types. In fact, on a recent episode of the O 66 podcast, they talked about a character very similar to the assassin you mention. The GM basically just cooked up a Duty that is the opposite of Personnel Acquisition. Removing high value targets of the Empire, to destabilize their war efforts. I think they jokingly called it "Personnel De-Acquisition". I would probably use something like Target Elimination, or Asset Removal, etc etc. You could also call Personnel Superiority if you like.

Don't limit yourself to the options presented in the book. Those are there to try and cover most options, but there is nothing in the rules saying that you can't come up with other stuff.