Unique Loots/Rewards Ideas

By citabogue, in Rogue Trader

Hi, I am a new DM to this settings. We are about to start our 2nd session, players are still level 1.

I am looking for Ideas of unique loots and rewards that would make my players more attached to their characters.

They are currently running ''The Maw'' and I'll try to hook them into Lure of the Expanse next. I was thinking of a reward that would happen to the one who will assist to the Divination of the 7 oracles. I thought i would allow that player to take 2 elites advances (one at his current level for 250 xp and the 2nd at his next level for another 250 xp) those advances would be unique talent. The 1st one I called Time Distortion allow the explorer once/day to make a willpower check, if successful, the explorer can take an extra 1/2 action this round. This talent can possibly be used more than once/day but that would expose the explorer's soul to the corruption of the warp and even then it could never be used more than once/encounter. The second talent, i called Pushed Time Distortion, is an upgrade of the first one, allowing the explorer to roll willpower AND automatically roll on the Psychic Phenomena table to take a full extra action instead of the 1/2 action. Kinda using this talent as a psychic power but available to a non-psyker character. In terms of Lore I will tell the explorer that his soul was exposed to the Warp during the Divination, in the vision he saw he was immaterial and material at the same time and moving in a very disrupted and disturbing way playing with the flow of time and matter. Couple Days after the vision, he recognized that he was still able to distort the time uncontrollably but if he's willing to spend a couple hours/day for a time (and the 250 xp) he could gain the above talent. In the process he would also gain a point of corruption since he's linking himself to the powers of the Immaterium.

What do you guys think of the idea and what other ideas would you have for me?

I personally would not go creating talents and giving them as elite advances.

Especially when they go about messing with the game's action economy.

If you want to give your crew unique rewards you need to know what the crew cares about. Once you figure this out you can entice them with rumor of such a thing being somewhere. I'd finish up The Maw and then see what the crew really focused on in terms of pursuing.

Elite Advances are for talents or skills outside of their normal career ranks usually.

Do you guys have suggestions for unique loots or rewards that are likely to make my players more attached to their character?

8 hours ago, citabogue said:

Do you guys have suggestions for unique loots or rewards that are likely to make my players more attached to their character?

Well, I personally know nothing about your players desires for their characters. You can probably ask them what they might be interested in pursuing after they're done with The Maw.

Players are attached to their characters when they get the chance to do the things their characters are designed for.