Fog?

By Polda, in Runewars Painting and Modeling

Does anyone have any experience making bases with a foggy effect?

I've looked around forums focused on Death units but most results I got lead to dead links.

The idea is to make a foggy effect on the Waiqar bases. Once all units are put onto their trays this could accumulate to a look of them walking through fog.

I already tested this with Cotton Wool but it seems too thick. On the other hand if you spread it apart too much it flies all over the place. The second problem could be resolved by some hairspray.

If you can think of another material please post it here. What's the halloween stuff for spiderwebs used in US called?

Cotton wool:

YEK3UcK.jpg

I was thinking about exactly the same thing for my Pale Legion, but I discounted cotton wool as too messy. I have no alternative ideas yet, so I'm very interested.

A small container like a thimble with a small amount of dry ice in it would look awesome in the centre tray. No good for gaming with, but it would make for some awesome photos.

looking like it's just called "spider web." bummer they don't have a picture of the packaging back. they also have a glow-in-the-dark bag. ^_^

Spirit Halloween spider web

One option I have envisioned would be to use clear plastic fishing line or thread to weave a 'barbed wire' kind of coil throughout the area of effect, then use the same techniques for creating spider webs to make a fog-like look. I was thinking to use this to make kind of 'fog tendrils' swirling out of openings in a terrain piece or something. I have only tried the hairspray method for spiderwebs myself, I've had good success and it seems like it would be a little stronger.

Using Hair Spray:

Using Crackle Paint:

Couldn't you just use a really tiny smoke machine?

Citadel makes a snow base paste, that I've thinned out with water and drybrushed a very light grey for a steam effect. It wont be as expansive as your cotton, but try it on the base of an army man. I recommend washing with a mix of blue and black wash very lightly and you may get a thin ground hugging fog that falls into the recesses of the battlefield.

Spider webbing stretched out and done right could look foggy. I think that is your best bet. You can do it!

The major issue with the spider web is that it gets in the way of playing the game.