Vassal Summer Tourney 2017 - Round 2

By Green Knight, in Star Wars: Armada Organized Play

@Green Squadron 3 vs Dr Alex.

Green Squadron went first, played my superior positions. It started well with me killing his Jaina's light and getting 4 tokens on turn two by shooting it repeatedly in the backside.

start of Turn 3 it went better still, I killed a second TRC and took a load more tokens, in exchange Green used one of his horrible H9/OE/APT MC30s to kill a flotilla. Then it started going wrong, Yavaris died, and gallant haven lost all of it's shields. I did get a few more tokens from Foresight though

Turn 4 everything of mine died except my Jaina's light and all my fighters after an excellent bit of manouvering at the end of turn 4 had brought admonition into a double arc blakc range of gallant haven. I did very little in return, but did get a few more tokens from Foresight

Turn 5, Jaina's light got TRC'd to death first action. I ran out of ships and got tabled.

I had however managed to pick up 15 tokens in exchange for Green's 1 and with my kills gave a final score of 415 - 329, Green squadron 3 wins with an MoV of 87. A 7-4 tabling for Green squadron

Edit- I put two turn twos in...

Edited by Dr alex

OK, so we've come to the conclusion of @NebulonB vs @thecactusman17 . Thecactusman17 wins 368-155 for an MOV of 213 and an 8-3 win. We played NebulonB's Contested Outpost. As I typed up the game, I realized that I made a massive mistake mid-game, and have awarded a ship kill to Nebulon-B that he should have earned.

due to some initial scheduling difficulties, we had to break this game off midway through the start of round 3, and come back to finish it today. As an aside, I'd encourage anyone playing an opponent outside of their immediate time zone to compare the actual city or country their opponent is in when comparing times online. Google, at least, does not check for Daylight Savings Time when comparing time zones but will check at the national, state or city level.

Regarding the in-game mistake: I realized that I used the station to heal off a hull damage that I should not have been able to heal, because duh, Contested Outpost. As such, my Demolisher should have died while ramming Admonition. As such, I've awarded 90 points for killing Demolisher to NebulonB. My sincerest apologies to him for making this huge mistake.

14 minutes ago, thecactusman17 said:

OK, so we've come to the conclusion of @NebulonB vs @thecactusman17 . Thecactusman17 wins 368-155 for an MOV of 213 and an 8-3 win. We played NebulonB's Contested Outpost. As I typed up the game, I realized that I made a massive mistake mid-game, and have awarded a ship kill to Nebulon-B that he should have earned.

due to some initial scheduling difficulties, we had to break this game off midway through the start of round 3, and come back to finish it today. As an aside, I'd encourage anyone playing an opponent outside of their immediate time zone to compare the actual city or country their opponent is in when comparing times online. Google, at least, does not check for Daylight Savings Time when comparing time zones but will check at the national, state or city level.

Regarding the in-game mistake: I realized that I used the station to heal off a hull damage that I should not have been able to heal, because duh, Contested Outpost. As such, my Demolisher should have died while ramming Admonition. As such, I've awarded 90 points for killing Demolisher to NebulonB. My sincerest apologies to him for making this huge mistake.

we are two in not noticing that station heal....very fair for mentioning it now, I would not have thought back to that particular event.

And again grats for the win, that was, whatever happened, an undoubted one.

8 hours ago, thecactusman17 said:

You are an honorable opponent and should be commended as such. Well done, sir.

8 hours ago, thecactusman17 said:

@NebulonB @thecactusman17 Regarding the in-game mistake: I realized that I used the station to heal off a hull damage that I should not have been able to heal, because duh, Contested Outpost. As such, my Demolisher should have died while ramming Admonition. As such, I've awarded 90 points for killing Demolisher to NebulonB. My sincerest apologies to him for making this huge mistake.

You mean you rammed the admo (went to 5 damage cards) and repaired one damage (went back to 4 damage cards)?
I need to say that this did not even work if the station would repair. First there is the ramming damage and after this there is the overlapping effects.

So if you ram another ship and ending your movement on the station, you will first get the damage. And if this would destroy the ship, it will be destroyed. No matter if the station would repair one of the damage.
At least this my last information on how these two trigger interact with each other (ramming and overlapping).

Sadly i missed the match, and only came on when it was already over. But i would love to see the log, if there is any. It looked like a really interesting game in the end.

1 hour ago, Tokra said:

You mean you rammed the admo (went to 5 damage cards) and repaired one damage (went back to 4 damage cards)?
I need to say that this did not even work if the station would repair. First there is the ramming damage and after this there is the overlapping effects.

So if you ram another ship and ending your movement on the station, you will first get the damage. And if this would destroy the ship, it will be destroyed. No matter if the station would repair one of the damage.
At least this my last information on how these two trigger interact with each other (ramming and overlapping).

Sadly i missed the match, and only came on when it was already over. But i would love to see the log, if there is any. It looked like a really interesting game in the end.

This is correct. The station resolves AFTER movement, overlapping DURING movement.

Current status:

In match 1 @Roquax was forced to concede due to scheduling issues. Very unfortunate indeed.

@MrScience has withdrawn from the tourney.

@Lyraeus is considered to have dropped.

Match 6: @SkyCake vs @fullmetal2017 still unplayed.

Match 17: @ThrawnsMightyBrain vs @Aresius still unplayed.

Match 20: @MattShadowlord vs @SilentSteve still unplayed.

Round 2

1: @Roquax VS @Tokra - Match Results: @Tokra is the winner
2: @Matt Antilles VS @Paindemic7708 - Match Results: @Matt Antilles is the winner 400 to 40
3: @Darth Veggie VS @Rocco79 - Match Results: @Darth Veggie is the winner 277 to 123
4: @Truthiness VS @pt106 - Match Results: @Truthiness is the winner 188 to 152
5: @Lord Preyer VS @MrScience - Match Results: @Lord Preyer is the winner
6: @SkyCake VS @fullmetal2017
7: @Plagueis VS @BrobaFett - Match Results: @Plagueis is the winner 269 to 133
8: @Dorrin314 VS @doobleg - Match Results: @Dorrin314 is the winner 400 to 0
9: @BiggsIRL VS @CaribbeanNinja - Match Results: @BiggsIRL is the winner 124 to 101
10: @JJs Juggernaut VS @Villakarvarousku - Match Results: @JJs Juggernaut is the winner 277 to 196
11: @moodswing5537 VS @drdoom28704 - Match Results: @moodswing5537 is the winner 203 to 40
12: @ManInTheBox VS @Irishmadcat - Match Results: @ManInTheBox is the winner 263 to 257
13: @Maturin VS @PodRacer - Match Results: @Maturin is the winner 5 to 0
14: @NebulonB VS @thecactusman17 - Match Results: @thecactusman17 is the winner 155 to 368
15: @itzSteve VS @RStan - Match Results: @RStan is the winner 158 to 229
16: @Ginkapo VS @comatose - Match Results: @comatose is the winner 0 to 400
17: @ThrawnsMB VS @Aresius
18: @Green Squadron 3 VS @Dr Alex - Match Results: @Green Squadron 3 is the winner 415 to 329
19: @Undeadguy VS @GiledPallaeon - Match Results: @Undeadguy is the winner 318 to 45
20: @MattShadowlord VS @SilentSteve
21: @Visovics VS @Hystarr - Match Results: @Visovics is the winner 400 to 47
22: @SoonerTed VS @emfrank - Match Results: @SoonerTed is the winner 197 to 161
@Lyraeus has a BYE

Rankings

Rank Name Score MoV SoS
1 @Matt Antilles 20 760 3.0
2 @Darth Veggie 18 554 5.75
3 @Dorrin314 18 540 4.0
4 @Tokra 18 476 2.75
5 @Lord Preyer 16 341 2.75
6 @Truthiness 15 298 6.25
7 @Plagueis 15 276 4.25
8 @pt106 14 260 4.75
9 @moodswing5537 14 179 4.0
10 @JJs Juggernaut 14 151 5.5
11 @comatose 13 400 4.25
12 @BiggsIRL 13 100 4.25
13 @Rocco79 12 222 6.0
14 @thecactusman17 12 213 4.75
15 @BrobaFett 12 144 7.0
16 @CaribbeanNinja 12 94 6.25
17 @ManInTheBox 12 65 5.25
18 @Paindemic7708 11 384 5.5
19 @Visovics 11 353 5.0
20 @Undeadguy 11 273 4.75
21 @Villakarvarousku 11 96 5.5
22 @RStan 11 71 5.5
23 @Maturin 11 5 5.5
24 @Roquax 10 381 6.25
25 @Green Squadron 3 10 86 3.5
26 @Irishmadcat 10 0 6.5
27 @PodRacer 10 0 4.25
28 @SkyCake 8 207 2.5
0 (D#3)@MrScience 8 182 4.75
0 (D#3)@Lyraeus 8 140 4.5
29 @fullmetal2017 8 140 0.0
30 @doobleg 8 104 6.25
31 @itzSteve 8 0 5.5
32 @SoonerTed 7 36 3.75
33 @NebulonB 7 0 5.0
34 @drdoom28704 6 2 6.0
35 @Dr Alex 6 0 5.5
36 @Ginkapo 5 0 6.5
37 @emfrank 5 0 5.5
38 @GiledPallaeon 4 0 6.25
39 @Aresius 3 0 4.0
40 @ThrawnsMB 3 0 2.0
41 @Hystarr 2 0 5.5
42 @SilentSteve 1 0 5.0
43 @MattShadowlord 1 0 4.5
0 (D#2)@jp82729 0 0 4.0
2 hours ago, Tokra said:

No. The damage was taken from an asteroid, then using engine techs to catch the edge of the station. Because i wasn't thinking, I took the damage off because of the station.

Full metal concedes to skycake after 3 turns... I don't think mov would have been more than the standard concede value

Edited by SkyCake
13 hours ago, Green Knight said:

18: @Green Squadron 3 VS @Dr Alex - Match Results: @Green Squadron 3 is the winner 415 to 329

@Green Squadron 3 Whoop! We got the highest total score of the round. Possibly the highest joint total in a game of armada ever.

Do we get a prize of some sort?

9 hours ago, Dr alex said:

@Green Squadron 3 Whoop! We got the highest total score of the round. Possibly the highest joint total in a game of armada ever.

Do we get a prize of some sort?

I may be completely wrong but I think I saw sometime @Drasnighta talking about an absurdly high score once. I may be completely wrong and this may be my imagination...

Match 17: @Aresius win 8-0 MoV 140. Not possible to get a reply from @ThrawnsMightyBrain

So hyped for next round, when do we get the new pairs?

Just now, Visovics said:

So hyped for next round, when do we get the new pairs?

Soon.

I just need to figure out what to do with Match 20: Matt vs Steve.

A few of the euro players will be at the EC for the weekend.

Maybe some can bring some Notebooks, so we can do the next round at the locations. After all it is a Vassal tournament, so it has to be done with vassal. But no one said we cannot do it at the EC ;) .

Must be really funny, to watch two player, sitting next to each other, play Aramada on Vassal.

38194_1-hasbro.jpg

15 minutes ago, Tokra said:

Maybe some can bring some Notebooks, so we can do the next round at the locations. After all it is a Vassal tournament, so it has to be done with vassal. But no one said we cannot do it at the EC ;) .

Must be really funny, to watch two player, sitting next to each other, play Aramada on Vassal.

38194_1-hasbro.jpg

"Turbolaser at E5"

"Hit, sank my Gozanti. Ion Cannon at A2"

"Space void"

25 minutes ago, Tokra said:

38194_1-hasbro.jpg

What game is that? I mean, obviously it's battleship, but in what universe/world?

15 minutes ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

What game is that? I mean, obviously it's battleship, but in what universe/world?

From the text of the webside, it is the Battleship game to the Battleship Movie .
Well, the game seems to be better than the movie :D .

OMG, this is even better. Searching for Battleship Star Wars really brings out some good stuff ;)

17347026_Alt18?wid=520&hei=520&fmt=pjpeg 35a16111-8a6a-4887-8c77-97a0f37e967c_1.2eac8e84020193b89028f194cd6f2edf.jpeg

Armada is dead, Long live Battleship :D

Ok, ok. enough off topic ^_^

Edited by Tokra
59 minutes ago, Tokra said:

Ok, ok. enough off topic ^_^

Yeah, this is the organized play sub-forum... Off topic is dead half of the year

10 hours ago, Visovics said:

I may be completely wrong but I think I saw sometime @Drasnighta talking about an absurdly high score once. I may be completely wrong and this may be my imagination...

I've had some Horror games... So its entirely possible it was me who said that.

And I've watched a 700 Point MOV game happen before... (Of course, this was before 400 was max), and involved Precision Strike and a Whole Lot of Rieekan Losing...

4 hours ago, Drasnighta said:

Precision Strike and a Whole Lot of Rieekan Losing...

That mistake only happens once... it might look like a great objective for your bomber swarm, but...

youre-going-to-have-a-bad-time.png

46 minutes ago, BrobaFett said:

That mistake only happens once... it might look like a great objective for your bomber swarm, but...

Unless you let the ship die, Rieekan is optional.

4 minutes ago, Dorrin314 said:

Unless you let the ship die, Rieekan is optional.

It wasn't one ship.

It was all of them.