Vassal Summer Tourney 2017 - Round 2

By Green Knight, in Star Wars: Armada Organized Play

6 minutes ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

If he has a BYE, would you hear from him?

When you don't play your first game, it's a good idea to check in and confirm continued participation.

Just now, Green Knight said:

When you don't play your first game, it's a good idea to check in and confirm continued participation.

Ah I see, thanks.

He got a loss in the first round. And the bye in the second.

In case he drop it would be good if GK knows it in time. It would meam two less byes.

Edited by Tokra

@ThrawnsMightyBrain where are you?...

My bad guys, I've been incredibly busy at work and dealing with a few issues mental wise. I'll have to drop from the tournament. Sorry for the trouble :(

all work and no play makes jack an unhappy lad. GWS .

11 hours ago, MrScience said:

My bad guys, I've been incredibly busy at work and dealing with a few issues mental wise. I'll have to drop from the tournament. Sorry for the trouble :(

So sorry MrScience! If there's anything we as a community can do please let us know. I reckon a fair few of us on here have more than a normal share of issues and we all stand ready to help one and other.

Good luck and be well.

Dr Alex Vs @ Green squadron 3 started on Thursday night but got off to a very late start due to a sick child. Hopefully we will be able to do either tonight or Monday night as I am away tomorrow night. If not what do we do?

Edited by Dr alex
On 26/05/2017 at 4:24 PM, Green Knight said:

400 to ZERO!?

Been a while since I witnessed that happen.

Weeeeell if you wanna get reeeaaally technical, it was 480-0. :lol:

For anyone interested, RStan vs. itzSteve is going on right now...

@MattShadowlord

When would you like to play, It hasn't allowed me to send you a message

@itzSteve vs @RStan ended in RStan winning 229 - 158, 71 MOV, 7 - 4 tournament score. Great game from itzSteve! I love seeing the Madine Liberty (Liberator) w/ Engine Techs flying around the board. Good luck to you in your future games.

1 hour ago, SilentSteve said:

@MattShadowlord

When would you like to play, It hasn't allowed me to send you a message

Paging @MattShadowlord to the thread.

On 2017-5-27 at 10:12 AM, Lord Preyer said:

So sorry MrScience! If there's anything we as a community can do please let us know. I reckon a fair few of us on here have more than a normal share of issues and we all stand ready to help one and other.

Good luck and be well.

Thanks Preyer, I appreciate it :)

I've cleared some space in my inbox and messaged SilentSteve.

On ‎24‎.‎05‎.‎2017 at 5:33 AM, Maturin said:

EDIT: At long last, here is the log file: First 5 turns only (sorry!).

Just watching the log and i noticed something i need to say.

In turn 2 you spend the squadron token for the All Fighters follow me. And you said you cannot use Leia because you spend the token. This is, as far as i see it, not correct.

The text from Leia says:

"When a friendly ship resolves a command by spending a command dial, if it has not resolved another command this round, it may resolve that command as if it spent a matching command token. If it does, that ship may not resolve additional commands this round."

Leia deny it only if you spend the token for a command. But in this case you spend it for an effect. So you should have been able to activate 4 squadrons, and would have been able to kill the shuttle this way in this activation ;) .

2 hours ago, Tokra said:

Just watching the log and i noticed something i need to say.

In turn 2 you spend the squadron token for the All Fighters follow me. And you said you cannot use Leia because you spend the token. This is, as far as i see it, not correct.

The text from Leia says:

Leia deny it only if you spend the token for a command. But in this case you spend it for an effect. So you should have been able to activate 4 squadrons, and would have been able to kill the shuttle this way in this activation ;) .

Ah, after re-reading it I think you're right! Thanks for pointing that out. I wasn't sure but I figured I'd give my opponent the more favourable reading since she is super new (and I was too tired to think clearly).

:)

15 hours ago, Maturin said:

Ah, after re-reading it I think you're right! Thanks for pointing that out. I wasn't sure but I figured I'd give my opponent the more favourable reading since she is super new (and I was too tired to think clearly).

:)

Yup, Tokra is right. The Pelta is one of the key ways of mitigating Leia's downside. I see it as the only likely way of making her viable in a 400 point list.

Edited by Truthiness
On 27.5.2017 at 11:02 AM, Dr alex said:

Dr Alex Vs @ Green squadron 3 started on Thursday night but got off to a very late start due to a sick child. Hopefully we will be able to do either tonight or Monday night as I am away tomorrow night. If not what do we do?

Hopefully you can finish.

If not there are some options, including one player conceding or players reaching a gentleman's agreement.

Let me know if you can't play to finish and we'll work things out.

On 26.5.2017 at 4:40 PM, MrScience said:

So noted.

Still a few games left unplayed.

Still two days to get them done.

Ready, set, play!

@NebulonB vs @thecactusman17 will be played to conclusion starting in about 20 minutes

I've just added the logfiles to my game with @Irishmadcat HERE .
It's in two parts as I lost connection near the end of the game.

@Green Knight What games are left in the round?

thecactusman finished beating me tonight, he will report.