What do I need to do an official tournament?

By Belvasques, in Star Wars: Armada Organized Play

Hello.
I live in Brazil and here we do not have an official tournament of the game yet. What would it take for us to make a tournament here in our land?

The game is not sold here, we have to import everything. We do not have a company supporting the game like it does with x-wing.

But we already have a number of players who have the game or are waiting for your arrive.

Sorry for english. I'm using a translator and thank you.

I have good news for you ...

You have an International Distributor.

The people you need to contact are FFG's Distributors for Brazil:

Galápagos Jogos

THESE people will be the ones to talk to, to get an official Kit sent out - they may be able to work out to find a retailer to order it, or at least a Retailer who already deals with FFG Product (if not Armada).

Kits are Purchased by stores just like Product is. They can be added on to any order, essentially... So you may need to find a store to buy it on your Behalf... It is a stretch of the Rules, but it can be done...

ALL YOU NEED TO DO TO RUN AN OFFICIAL TOURNAMENT, IS HAVE THE OFFICIAL TOURNAMENT KIT, AND RUN IT ACCORDING TO FFG RULES (WHICH ARE ON THE WEBSITE AND IN THE KIT)

THAT'S IT! :D

Edited by Drasnighta
16 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

I have good news for you ...

You have an International Distributor.

The people you need to contact are FFG's Distributors for Brazil:

Galápagos Jogos

THESE people will be the ones to talk to, to get an official Kit sent out - they may be able to work out to find a retailer to order it, or at least a Retailer who already deals with FFG Product (if not Armada).

Kits are Purchased by stores just like Product is. They can be added on to any order, essentially... So you may need to find a store to buy it on your Behalf... It is a stretch of the Rules, but it can be done...

ALL YOU NEED TO DO TO RUN AN OFFICIAL TOURNAMENT, IS HAVE THE OFFICIAL TOURNAMENT KIT, AND RUN IT ACCORDING TO FFG RULES (WHICH ARE ON THE WEBSITE AND IN THE KIT)

THAT'S IT! :D

thanks. I already sent an email to them, now it's waiting for an answer.

It's great to hear there's a community growing in Brazil.

Since you have a distributor, contact them and ask if they sell to any stores in your area. Go to those stores, and make the inquiry there. You might even be able to get a local store to support the game, which can help draw in additional players.

4 hours ago, thecactusman17 said:

It's great to hear there's a community growing in Brazil.

Since you have a distributor, contact them and ask if they sell to any stores in your area. Go to those stores, and make the inquiry there. You might even be able to get a local store to support the game, which can help draw in additional players.

We are not many yet, but we are starting. I think the biggest problem is not having the game being sold here. But many are already important.

And in my point of view a game like this will have more force if you have an official championship.

I watched the world championship and I was amazed. This year we had a Brazilian playing the world championship of x-wing there. And it would be wonderful to have someone next year representing Brazil in the armada world championship too.

Unfortunately the distributor in Brazil (galapagos jogos) reported that by not selling the game in Brazil could not hold the event or get the promotional to do so.

It seems that it is not in the company's interest to organize the event. Would we have a second option to hold the events here in Brazil?

Would direct contact with FFG solve this?
1 hour ago, Belvasques said:

Unfortunately the distributor in Brazil (galapagos jogos) reported that by not selling the game in Brazil could not hold the event or get the promotional to do so.

It seems that it is not in the company's interest to organize the event. Would we have a second option to hold the events here in Brazil?

Would direct contact with FFG solve this?

You could try, but they're probably going to say much the same thing - you're going to have to convince someone to stock it to be legally able to get the promotionals... :/

Part of the issue is they only deal with Retailers, and not with Gaming Clubs and such.... Butperhaps a heartfelt plea could get them to do something differently (or even change policy)...

At the very least, stick it out and do it with your own prizing, if you have to... To be fair, "Official" tournaments aren't all that official, anyway - its only when you get to Store Championships + Regionals where things are actually controlled/regulated.