Removing trays - do you really need to ?

By Keithandor, in Runewars Rules Questions

We find it very tedious to remove trays ,the figures fall out , the unit gets moved , they will probably break eventually.

Do you really need to remove trays ? I guess it doesn't matter in a social game ?

Can you just ignore empty trays and leave them attached to the unit ?

Casual, you can do what ever you want. If it effects 'closing in' or other units movement etc, I would remove them.

We don't tend to remove them unless it looks like it might matter for movement or closing in.

Generally, we leave them in if there is no chance of them affecting a unit.

If a unit is around that area or it becomes relevant, pop it out.

Also, the trays loosen up and come out smoothly after five or six games.

Try taking your trays and just swiping the connectors up and down, or take a hobby blade and scrape the edges.

Tourny-wise you dont have a choice, you have to remove them. Casually its just a lot less annoying to leave them there. You just have to remember for Regeneration that they arent actually there, and you will have to remove them if any overlapping occurs because of the "dead tray" still being there.

2 hours ago, Vineheart01 said:

Tourny-wise you dont have a choice, you have to remove them. Casually its just a lot less annoying to leave them there. You just have to remember for Regeneration that they arent actually there, and you will have to remove them if any overlapping occurs because of the "dead tray" still being there.

I suspect that even in tournaments trays aren't going to be pulled if it's not convenient and having them there isn't getting in the way.

I put it in the same category as playing X-Wing without a model on the base. I don't know if I have ever seen anyone adjust the number of pegs that they are using to keep models from bumping instead of just pulling the ship and setting it aside until the ships have some space between them.

On 5/11/2017 at 2:46 PM, WWHSD said:

I suspect that even in tournaments trays aren't going to be pulled if it's not convenient and having them there isn't getting in the way.

I put it in the same category as playing X-Wing without a model on the base. I don't know if I have ever seen anyone adjust the number of pegs that they are using to keep models from bumping instead of just pulling the ship and setting it aside until the ships have some space between them.

It's not the same as an empty xwing base. It is more akin to having a destroyed ship on the board.