Battle of the Borderlands, Greenville SC

By Megatronrex, in Star Wars: Armada Organized Play

Saturday, July 1st I will be hosting an Armada tournament at Borderlands Comics and Games in Greenville SC. We have an OP kit and additional prizes for first, second, and third place finishers. Registration will be at 11:00AM dice roll at hopefully 11:30AM $5.00 entry fee. Hope some of you guys can attend.

Bumping so hopefully people see this.

Passed this thread along to Asheville, NC Armada group!

Greatly appreciated many thanks

Did you post this to the Upstate SC X-wing/Armada FB group?

I'm still new to the game and was just at Borderlands today to pick up a few more ships and the clerk asked where "all you (Armada players) went" as he hasn't seen anyone playing Armada in a while. I replied, "what other Armada players?".

On 5/19/2017 at 11:33 PM, Dameon13 said:

Did you post this to the Upstate SC X-wing/Armada FB group?

I'm still new to the game and was just at Borderlands today to pick up a few more ships and the clerk asked where "all you (Armada players) went" as he hasn't seen anyone playing Armada in a while. I replied, "what other Armada players?".

No I didn't. I'm one of the few people left who are Facebook free. I do think Adam was going to. Don't know if he did. As far as where we've been lately Atlanta at Giga Bites this past weekend there were 7 of us there who've all played at Borderlands. Most of those 7 were in Columbia at Firefly games a few weeks ago. There's lots of upcoming events locally too. There's a store championship on June 17th in Columbia at Ready to Play. My tournament at Borderlands on July 1st (not a store championship just a tourney). A store championship at Geek Out Games in Clemson on July 23rd. Me and another guy play 2 or 3 times a week at my house and I'm more than willing to meet up with you at Borderlands any Saturday or Sunday for a game or two just send me a PM.

I appreciate it, but my job has me working most Nights & Weekends, so attending "regular game night" is a problem. I hope I'll be able to get over to Geek Out more often this summer.

Hate to hear that you can't do nights or weekends. Everyone having different schedules and things going on is what killed our CC. Maybe I'll see you at Geek Out if you make it to their championship.

Time for a weekly bump.

@jamie nasmyth can you add this to the pinned post in our group? I probably won't be able to go but I'll still bear it in mind

I have posted the event to the SC Midlands Star Wars Armada FB Group a while back and I think we will have 3-4 people form columbia coming to play. Anyone local please consider coming out to he Store Champ at Ready to Play games in Cayce SC on June 17th. Doors open at 10 AM, first round starts at 10:30

1 hour ago, Space_Cowboy17 said:

I have posted the event to the SC Midlands Star Wars Armada FB Group a while back and I think we will have 3-4 people form columbia coming to play. Anyone local please consider coming out to he Store Champ at Ready to Play games in Cayce SC on June 17th. Doors open at 10 AM, first round starts at 10:30

Thanks for posting it to FB. I'll be at Ready to Play for your championship but I don't think Jr will make it. A new expansion for Final Fantasy drops that week and he's planning on spending that weekend attached to his PC. I sent a message about it to the rest of our former conflict group but don't know if they'll make it. It also got added to @shmitty 's list of store championships.

It's time once again for the weekly bump. Thought I'd go ahead and announce prizes too

3rd: Maneuver Tool

2nd: Rogues and Villains Squadron Pack

1st: Quasar Fire Carrier (Provided they end up releasing in time for the tournament, if not then it will be another small box expansion ship)

Will be there. Roy can easily be convinced as well.

It's weekly bump time again.

Which OP kit are you guys using for prize support?

7 minutes ago, EYEL1NER said:

Which OP kit are you guys using for prize support?

I wouldn't swear to it but I think it's a Spring 2017 kit.

So TRC alt-arts, Interceptor alt-arts, and engineering tokens? I can't say I need any more of those (I guess more Engineering tokens would be nice but not necessary since I already have five), but it would kind of be nice to have some stuff that I had won as opposed to bought. I might try to make it up there but there is also an X-Wing OP event that day, and a small-scale convention here in Sumter that day, so I can't commit firmly (especially with Greenville being as far of a drive as it is, though I do really wanna make it up there to play something at some point).

Summer kits should be getting delivered to stores at some point soon, so I'll definitely try to make it up there for one of those. I don't think anywhere close in SC does Armada kits regularly.

3 minutes ago, EYEL1NER said:

So TRC alt-arts, Interceptor alt-arts, and engineering tokens? I can't say I need any more of those (I guess more Engineering tokens would be nice but not necessary since I already have five), but it would kind of be nice to have some stuff that I had won as opposed to bought. I might try to make it up there but there is also an X-Wing OP event that day, and a small-scale convention here in Sumter that day, so I can't commit firmly (especially with Greenville being as far of a drive as it is, though I do really wanna make it up there to play something at some point).

Summer kits should be getting delivered to stores at some point soon, so I'll definitely try to make it up there for one of those. I don't think anywhere close in SC does Armada kits regularly.

If you're at Ready To Play tomorrow I'll try to hound you into coming up to Greenville but if you don't make it I'll definitely understand it is a helluva drive from Sumpter.

39 minutes ago, Megatronrex said:

If you're at Ready To Play tomorrow I'll try to hound you into coming up to Greenville but if you don't make it I'll definitely understand it is a helluva drive from Sumpter.

Yeah, I'll definitely be seeing you tomorrow then.

I could have sworn that Greenville was like a three hour drive from here but GMaps is saying it's 2h20m to get to Borderlands atm. Maybe it's closer to three hours to get to Spartanburg? Not as far as I thought it was, but then again, Charleston and Charlotte are almost half an hour closer and I never make it to games there either.

I thought it was closer to three hours myself.

Had a great time at @Space_Cowboy17 s tournament in Columbia. Hope most of you guys can make it up to Greenville next week.

I thought it might be time to update the list of prizes since we finally know that the Quasar won't be out until July 6th.

3rd: Maneuver Tool

2nd: Rogues and Villains Squadron Pack

1st: Gladiator

The newest version of the FAQ will be in effect for the tournament. Jamming Fields will be a "must" effect since no changes to the card were highlighted in red and I personally believe it was an unintentional oversight on FFGs part.

It's this weekend people. Get ready.

Had a great time hosting this tournament. Thank you to everyone who came out to play. I was really surprised at how many of you were willing to travel so far for a small tournament. I will try to return the favor whenever there's a tournament in your towns . This was my first time TOing so I hope everyone had a good time. Nobody yelled and screamed at me or packed their s*** and stormed out so I must not have been too bad. We had 10 players 6 Imperials and 4 Rebels. I know Several of you post on here, sorry if I didn't catch your user name. It made me happy to see the Dark Side so well represented and it would have been one more if I had played too. Congratulations to @Space_Cowboy17 on the win and on the impending birth of your twins.

1. Adam Newton @Space_Cowboy17 - Rebel

2. Justin Jackson - Rebel

3. Eric Blake - Imperial

4. John Wagner - Rebel

5. Duncan McManus @Dameon13 - Imperial

6. Roy Drum - Imperial

7. Dan Livengood - Rebel

8. Jeff Richardson @drdoom28704 - Imperial

9. Kyle Hood - Imperial

10. Aaron Kilgannon - Imperial

Thanks again to everyone for coming out hope you all can make it back when I have another one.