Flightmaster's Daqan

By flightmaster101, in Runewars Painting and Modeling

Is U of W colours purple and gold? Nice job, I like the golems were done red and blue, for their rune colours?

1 hour ago, Ywingscum said:

Is U of W colours purple and gold? Nice job, I like the golems were done red and blue, for their rune colours?

http://www.gohuskies.com/index.aspx?path=football

Yes, here's some pictures I used for the color match. The decal on the shields is a color comes from the profile picture on their twitter page.

Thanks, I'm glad you like them. Once the expansion comes out I'm also going to do a green rune golem. Then maybe go crazy and do one in mixed rune colors.

I was planning to do purple and gold (but not because sports) and was a bit worried about purple armour (too much purple?)

Those look great. Not making my decisions easier.

21 minutes ago, Darthain said:

I was planning to do purple and gold (but not because sports) and was a bit worried about purple armour (too much purple?)

Those look great. Not making my decisions easier.

If you do think it's too much purple, you could try white for the cloth color and save purple for just the armor color.

Very well done. Clever concept! Now, all you need is a California Golden Bears army! :D

1 hour ago, Melanchthon said:

Very well done. Clever concept! Now, all you need is a California Golden Bears army! :D

<_<

1 hour ago, Budgernaut said:

If you do think it's too much purple, you could try white for the cloth color and save purple for just the armor color.

Good call, you can also use Triad colors like a light green with purple.

Here is some help for @Darthain to choose colors

https://www.sessions.edu/color-calculator/

Thanks for the color calculator site. Good stuff

Quick update. Current state:

20170527_111148.jpg

Pics of Kari and more cavalry soon!

Aside from blah blah sport part of this discussion, those are some really awesome models. Nice color scheme and there is never enough purple.

Maybe its the tone of the trim you used but that looks really good.

Initially i tried gold/purple and i felt it just looked....odd. Course i used straight Gold rather than rose-gold at the time, so that might have been it.

2 hours ago, Vineheart01 said:

Maybe its the tone of the trim you used but that looks really good.

Initially i tried gold/purple and i felt it just looked....odd. Course i used straight Gold rather than rose-gold at the time, so that might have been it.

Thanks, it's Citadels Retrobutor (sp?) Armour, washed with agrax earthshade and highlighted with Auric Armour Gold.

Are you using the retrobuter armor spray?

Nope. I do a zenith highlight then spray purple over since purple is the most prominent color.

On ‎05‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 2:42 PM, flightmaster101 said:

Good call, you can also use Triad colors like a light green with purple.

Here is some help for @Darthain to choose colors

https://www.sessions.edu/color-calculator/

OMG what a great tool! Thank you for posting this. :) Been playing around with several variations of cool colours for my main Latari colour and this is helping me make some decisions.

Gorgeous! I'm excited about painting all over again!