What module?

By ovinomanc3r, in Star Wars: Armada Organized Play

Please. I am thinking on giving a try to vassal if my old PC allow me.

Could anyone tell me what module are you playing? The FFG one or other. Not sure why I think there is another. I think I read it somewhere but I cannot find it anymore...

Thanks!

48 minutes ago, ovinomanc3r said:

Please. I am thinking on giving a try to vassal if my old PC allow me.

Could anyone tell me what module are you playing? The FFG one or other. Not sure why I think there is another. I think I read it somewhere but I cannot find it anymore...

Thanks!

There can be only one...

Just Google Vassal Armada. Only one module. Version 3.7.0

The is, however, also something called tabletop simulator.

I'll profit of the topic... @Green Knight I for some reason am not being able to update to the 3.7.0, so I'm definetely doing something wrong, but can't find the tutorial for installing a new version

Thanks in advance :)

7 minutes ago, Visovics said:

I'll profit of the topic... @Green Knight I for some reason am not being able to update to the 3.7.0, so I'm definetely doing something wrong, but can't find the tutorial for installing a new version

Thanks in advance :)

You have to download the new version and open it via Vassal. Like the entire module.

Something like "Load/Open new Module" and it will do the rest. It does not overwrite the old version.

I had the same question when I did it.

Ok.

Downloaded succesfully.

Installed succesfully.

Run succesfully.

Watched the two first @Green Knight 's tutorials succesfully. Such a sexy voice!! :P

Just one issue at this moment. My screen is too tiny for vassal's windows. There a buttoms I cannot see :( I will need another screen. Maybe throwing it to my tv if I learn a way to do it or another creative solution I don't see yet. A new laptop would be the best solution but then... how I get the wave 6!!!

EDIT: actuall the issue is really stupid. As long as I could see it happens just with the Table Window. The top bar go from Zoom In to Blockade Run Setup Zones but I cannot reach what is beyond that. Look like a scroll bar would help me but the one there is works just for the map, not for the buttoms on the top bar.

Edited by ovinomanc3r
After looking deeply into the issue

I cannot see card's text. How can I fix it?

26 minutes ago, ovinomanc3r said:

Check tutorial number 5.

3 minutes ago, Green Knight said:

Check tutorial number 5.

My craving for knowledge goes faster than my teacher. :D

I just ended tut4

Edited by ovinomanc3r
1 hour ago, ovinomanc3r said:

It took me a while to figure it out, but everything in that vid must be done in winrar or 7zip. If I remember correctly, you can open the Vassal Mod with the program, and then you have to find the folder and do the save/add thing.

After watching the first 6 tutorials and hearing how @Green Knight explain...

"If you want to play [suuuurgh] a match you can pm [suuuurgh] whoever and [suuuurgh]... oh, sorry I need to pee. Too much RedBull to teach those stupid folk how this works." :P I thank your effort.

I played my first game with my brother. It is easy so I could play with more fluency soon.

The only thing: when moving, severally times the ship is not placed correctly along the maneuver tool. Not sure what we were doing wrong or if it is normal. The fact that the virtual maneuver tool worked as bad as the real one knocked me out. Not a big issue as we could click and drag but just to know.

Edited by ovinomanc3r
1 hour ago, ovinomanc3r said:

The only thing: when moving, severally times the ship is not placed correctly along the maneuver tool. Not sure what we were doing wrong or if it is normal. The fact that the virtual maneuver tool worked as bad as the real one knocked me out. Not a big issue as we could click and drag but just to know.

Sounds like you might be making the same mistake I did and using the same commands regardless of which side of the ship the tool is on. You need ctrl+numbers for left and alt+numbers for right. Kept me confused for a while.

3 minutes ago, Villakarvarousku said:

Sounds like you might be making the same mistake I did and using the same commands regardless of which side of the ship the tool is on. You need ctrl+numbers for left and alt+numbers for right. Kept me confused for a while.

Thanks. I will check it tomorrow.

11 hours ago, ovinomanc3r said:

After watching the first 6 tutorials and hearing how @Green Knight explain...

"If you want to play [suuuurgh] a match you can pm [suuuurgh] whoever and [suuuurgh]... oh, sorry I need to pee. Too much RedBull to teach those stupid folk how this works." :P I thank your effort.

I played my first game with my brother. It is easy so I could play with more fluency soon.

Classic mistake, I believe:

When moving along the tool, press CTRL if the tool is on the left, ALT of on the right side. Then press 1234 sequentially (up to your speed), and not too bloody fast.

Problem solved.