[Blog] - First Battle Report

By jimmyrut, in Star Wars: Armada Battle Reports

Hi @jimmyrut !

Thanks a lot for posting your first Armada YoutTube report! I really like the format, it is short but provides all the important information about the game. It is perfect for somebody like me who may not have that much time to watch 1-2 hours long reports in one go.

I was also very interested in this video, because you introduced me to the game and as a new player I want to learn as much as possible. Coming from similar war gaming background it was in particular interesting to see the direction of your own development.

I have a few points of feedback, that are probably mainly important for new players like myself:

1. I am not yet that familiar with cards and upgrades so I would greatly appreciated if you added details for both fleets in the video description for a quick reference.

2. I may have missed that but I don't think you mentioned what were the respective objectives for each commander and who had the bid.

3. It would be fantastic to have a quick description of your initial plan as well as your opponent's. In particular in the context of choosing the objective for one player and to come up with the plan to deal with what was chosen for the other player.

4. A short debrief at the end, if possible, would also be great. But at the same time you covered some of it in your podcast - it may be good idea to add a link to it in the video description too.

These my initial thoughts, I hope this feedback is going to be of some use!

Looking forward to watching more of your reports in the future!

Thank you my friend, I guess one thing that isn't very obvious to anyone but myself is that I edited that and uploaded it moments before leaving my place to get to the airport to travel overseas for 3 weeks hence I didn't have it at the quality I would like although I wanted to get something posted up online rather than go into hiding for another 3 weeks.

1. I'll add those in the future for sure.

2. You're right, I didn't.

3. Check for future games!

4. As above!

Thanks again. :)