Rune Golem

By noteclado, in Runewars Tactics

I doubt wind rune will be in the golem set. Wind rune is in the archers for waiqar I reckon it will be in the crossbowman for Daqan.

There will be 2 x front line and 2 x support upgrades. Nothing new.

Edited by Asmo
1 hour ago, Asmo said:

I doubt wind rune will be in the golem set. Wind rune is in the archers for waiqar I reckon it will be in the crossbowman for Daqan.

There will be 2 x front line and 3 x support upgrades. Nothing new.

Look at the picture posted by @Budgernaut it clearly shows wind rune. Also there are only 4 heavy upgrades that makes 2front line and 2 support.

The article called out wind runes in the box. Theyre in the box.
Thats about all they talk about though since its merged with the Spearmen. Its possible theres a new upgrade in there we havnt seen yet.

Also, the +1-2 defense doesnt help the golems much when they are almost always attacking last. And it wont block all damage, so just sitting there spamming Stun for an init3 +1-2 def is just as bad if not worse than taking a wound and attacking with full force.

Edited by Vineheart01

I do find I usually leave my golems naked because there just aren't that many affordable synergistic options. I like the 2x1 best, for 28 points it's a good combat presence, and although they're slow the white reform does make them very maneuverable in some situations. Their dial does generally force them to choose between going offensive or defensive which isn't a bad thing, but they DO feel pretty squishy. Generally I fight until I'm down to 1 wound and then go into tank/stall mode, which means a pretty limited offensive combat life.

I think Rune Golems work best as a support unit rather than a frontline assault unit. Even though the name and mini seems to lend itself to an assault role.

I use the Rune Golems most effectively to either protect the flank of my Spearstar or to attack the flank of whatever the Spearstar is currently engaged with.

That way my opponent is usually attacking the Spearstar making the late attack a non issue. Or instead attacking the Golems, in which case my Spearstar is free to do what Spearstars do best ☺

Directly attacking another unit 1 on 1 just seems folly to me.

I want to run 2 4 tray golems but I only have 7 unfortunately.