Imperial Repulsortank

By Blackbird888, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion RPG

So, the Wookieepedia article for the Imperial Repulsortank (found in Stay on Target ) cites the old WEG source as being 20.5 meters in length. That's about 67 feet, give or take.

latest?cb=20050716123333

Here's a picture. That's one giant snowtrooper, or something is out of whack. I'm thinking, based on the picture, 20.5 feet in length? Maybe?

I think it's an issue of the unit of measurement and not the actual number of the measurement. Go with 20.5 feet, or 6.25 meters if you still want to keep meters. The Nebulon-B size debate is another example of the feet/meter confusion.

Yes, WEG writers and editors had problems with the whole feet/meters thing pretty regularly.

There's a lot of vehicles the otaku on Wookieepedia insist are 3.3 times larger than they actually are because they rely on the gameplay stat block over visuals.

5 hours ago, Ghostofman said:

Yes, WEG writers and editors had problems with the whole feet/meters thing pretty regularly.

There's a lot of vehicles the otaku on Wookieepedia insist are 3.3 times larger than they actually are because they rely on the gameplay stat block over visuals.

yeah....if there are different sources the otaku knows/he has to include them especially if there are discrepancies between sources (for legends section).

On 4/29/2017 at 6:14 PM, Alexhurlbut said:

yeah....if there are different sources the otaku knows/he has to include them especially if there are discrepancies between sources (for legends section).

Well the WEG ones are hard to notice.

WEG would mix up meters and feet, basically assuming no one would be a big enough nerd to actually model it out. In a few illustrations you can see what's wrong, but it's not always obvious. Until you try and model it (like for minis or something) you otherwise can't tell. When you do though it doesn't take long to notice things like the Chariot command speeder would take up several lanes of traffic at the meter length.

Making it worse WEG also borked up illustration labels or placed them on the wrong page. So like the blast and smash energy rifle is often swapped out with the micro grenade launcher due to a label flip. And the warpods illustration is actually a "Gig" atmospheric fighter, WEG labeled that one right, but the image appeared on the page with the warpods stats, and people are dumb.

Another example is the Assault Frigate Mk. I

WEG D6 Imperial Sourcebook 2E list the Imperial Dreadnaught as having turbolaser cannons, quad turbolasers, and turbolaser batteries.

WEG D6 Rebellion Sourcebook 2E list the Assault Frigate as having laser cannons, quad laser cannons, and turbolaser batteries.

The problem? The AF entry in that book said it's a refit FROM the Imperial Dreadnaught.

I looked at the First Edition Imperial Sourcebook, it lists the Imperial Dreadnaught as having laser cannons, quad laser cannons, and turbolaser batteries.

So during the revisions to 2E, somebody goofed up the entry for the Assault Frigate and left it unchanged while the Imperial Dreadnaught had her laser cannons changed to turbolaser.

Guess what the armament for the Wookieepedia entry Assault Frigate Mk 1 entry is based on?

Yeah, I played the WEG back in the day. If you find some purists you should never discuss the size of the A-Wing...

That led to some pretty heavy discussions in X-Wing, when the A_Wing model came first around.