Psychic Power: Projection

By player670053, in Dark Heresy Rules Questions

Hi there,

My brief search for prior answers didn't yield any fruit so I thought I would raise the following Projection questions:

1. Can you be invisible when projected? Technically it says that "you can shape to look like whatever you choose", which I suppose you could interpret as a transparent dust spec.
  2. Can you wander around when you are projected or do you have to "touch other minds" directly? Theoretically, if you can wander and be invisible you could case an entire building while your buddies guard your body.
  3. Do you have any connection with your body while projecting? If not, than I assume your compatriots have no way to rouse you and you will only find out that you are under attack after you are dead.

Thanks,

Bogomips

1. You are always Invisible the sahpe you choose is simply how other psykers and things that can percive the warp will see you. (assuming this power is like what Ravenor does)

2. I think you could however you wouldn't be able too see much, probably just minds and other psychoactive things. You could probably see through their eyes to see other things as well.

3. Besides the fact that you can move at lightspeed so chacking out what's going on around you is easy, I think there isn't anything. It's easy to keep an eye on yourself though.

SomVone said:

3. Besides the fact that you can move at lightspeed so chacking out what's going on around you is easy, I think there isn't anything. It's easy to keep an eye on yourself though.

Well just because you can move very quickly, doesn't mean you can necessarily monitor the condition of your body easily. Say you were trying to have an extended chat with your Inquisitor, unless you planned to go back and check your body every other round you might not know if someone snuck up an shot you in the leg.

For the curious, ultimately our GM decided to:

1. Allow invisibility
  2. Allow the projector to wander around.
  3. Are truly treated as unconcious, ergo he can be dying and not even know about it.

He was going to disallow #2 but two reasons persuaded him otherwise:

1. If you are going to make comparisons, projection is likely one of the power used by Ravenor in that series. It allows him to cruise entire cities reading thoughts, etc.
  2. Our GM relished the idea of making me roll 3 dice every 30 seconds to maintain the power (sigh).

-

Bogomips