Missle Weapons... is there a better way?

By JCHendee, in Talisman Home Brews

Thank you Rodfather2212 for really interesting thoughts. I have something similar in mind for when in Woods or Forest. It is actually not my idea, but I'll tweak it when I come there. As goes for acquiring Ammo, I think it would be best to leave it to be ruled 'by house'. In our case, we will maybe start with rolling a dedicated small die for Ammo when 'bow' is acquired, and then leave the die on the card, reducing pips on the go. I decided that 1 arrow will be Trinket, because it could be carried along with a Bow and it shouldn't be heavier than (as an example) Stiletto from Armory deck. 2, 3 and 4 arrows will be normal Objects, reasoning that they would have to be carried in a quiver. It is all generalization and simplification, of course.

Recently, I decided to reduce the power of the Bow. If 6 is rolled for its effect at the start of battle, it is a miss. This way I also incorporated some chance for a miss, which comes more realistic for a ranged item.

Here are three cards related to the Ranged mechanics. I am happy to see that it fits well in various contexts. Goblin Sniper is a replacement for commercial card. Arrow in the Knee is actually a reworked Event made by Pheomon . Thank you Pheomon!

Arrow-in-the-Knee-Front-Face.jpg Goblin-Sniper-Front-Face.jpg Throwing-Spear-Front-Face.jpg

Edited by player1592559