Gorgon Special Power: Can the user fully inspect your hand?

By unseenfire, in Colossal Arena

If you do not have the creature that the Gorgon backer wants, do you have to let them fully inspect every single card that you have (overpowered in two player) or can you show them a corner of each card and demonstrate that you don't have the colour of the creature you're looking for? This would let you conceal the number, etc.

unseenfire said:

If you do not have the creature that the Gorgon backer wants, do you have to let them fully inspect every single card that you have (overpowered in two player) or can you show them a corner of each card and demonstrate that you don't have the colour of the creature you're looking for? This would let you conceal the number, etc.

The rules say "you must show them your hand to prove it [that you don't have the named card.]" I would read that as meaning you must show them your entire hand completely. Note that the rules also say that cards which have been placed face down (ie: by the cyclops) do not count as part of your hand and need not be shown. They also say the player activating Medusa may not tell anyone else what they saw in your hand, not that that really matters in a 2 player game.

I agree this is pretty powerful in 2 player games. I might be inclined to remove the gorgon in such games.