Assembly frustration

By Wolftame, in Runewars Painting and Modeling

Anyone else than me finding the archers a nightmare to assemble? (anyone broken any yet?). I just CAN'T get them together (at least not staying together).

Also, Kari, how on earth do you get the top part on? I can't seem to figure out how it's supposed to go.

I had to get help on my Kari!

3 minutes ago, Hos said:

I had to get help on my Kari!

From?
What was needed?

For the archers you have to shave the flash if there's any hope.

Kari is tricky, you have to kinda snap her quiver between her cape and shoulders then push the top onto the torso

The archers are tough because you expect their arms to be higher. You start in at an angle where the drawn string will be around cheek level like it's supposed to be, but they're mostly drawn at around chest height.

I literally solved all my problems with putting them together by ceasing to worry about what was "right" and just angling them low while inserting the pegs. No shaving flash or anything required, just start at a low angle and work your way up and in.

Not a fan of putting together the undead in general, lots of pointy bits poking into my fleshy bits while trying to support spindly legs during various assembly procedures. Jamming the carrion crawler's face into it's neck hole is particularly unpleasant. No real grip area on the side so you're thumb is bearing down on spikes. Not great.

Kari requires you to wedge her quiver in between her cape and shoulder. Look at her right shoulder blade from behind to make sure you've seated her head properly once you get the cape jammed into the quiver.

Yeah the archers were/are a nightmare!

* 3 of the sculpts anyway - Mr "laid back pulling an arrow out" (the one where you're attaching his chest and head) was suuuuper easy.

Edited by maxam
7 minutes ago, maxam said:

Yeah the archers were/are a nightmare!

* 3 of the sculpts anyway - Mr "laid back pulling an arrow out" (the one where you're attaching his chest and head) was suuuuper easy.

Yeah, that guy's a vacation. Of course there's also his brother Mr. Axe and Dagger over in the regular reanimate side. He just winks and says, "No worries man. There aren't any @#$!ing shield arms to worry about with me."

2 hours ago, Wolftame said:

From?
What was needed?

My nimble sausage fingers could not assemble her, lol the games shop owner (who just sold me the game hour before) snapped her together for me.

Edited by Hos
2 hours ago, JasonGlass said:

Yeah, that guy's a vacation. Of course there's also his brother Mr. Axe and Dagger over in the regular reanimate side. He just winks and says, "No worries man. There aren't any @#$!ing shield arms to worry about with me."

Why is there no double-like button! :lol:

The spindle thin legbones on some of the waiqar worry me, and the anorexia of the carrion lancer dude. I'm definitely going to be careful in my transportation to keep them from snapping or weakening.

10 hours ago, flightmaster101 said:

For the archers you have to shave the flash if there's any hope.

Kari is tricky, you have to kinda snap her quiver between her cape and shoulders then push the top onto the torso

I was thinking it must be something like that, but it doesn't feel you can do that without breaking something :P

2 hours ago, Wolftame said:

I was thinking it must be something like that, but it doesn't feel you can do that without breaking something :P

Trust the force

1 minute ago, flightmaster101 said:

Trust the force

But this is RuneWars, not Imperial Assault? :)

Kari was a bit fiddly, but I didn't find the archers to be as bad as this thread made me afraid they would be.

16 minutes ago, Deathseed said:

Kari was a bit fiddly, but I didn't find the archers to be as bad as this thread made me afraid they would be.

I cleaned up some flash and fiddled a bit and now got Kari together.
Will try the archers again later.
Also cleaned what little lines there was on the Golem, that one was pretty good with a nice fit.

4 hours ago, flightmaster101 said:

Trust the force

"That's not how the Force works!"

54 minutes ago, Wolftame said:

I cleaned up some flash and fiddled a bit and now got Kari together.
Will try the archers again later.
Also cleaned what little lines there was on the Golem, that one was pretty good with a nice fit.

I got mine together by kind of sliding them between the arms from top down like a ring toss or horse shoes, then just tweaking them into place for the joints. Don't be afraid to bend a little at the arrow. It's flexible and shouldn't break unless you get hamfisted with it.

Also, once you have them in place, don't be afraid to briefly "desocket" each socket one at a time for glue application before resocketing. Some of the fits seem tight enough on some sides that you could probably get away with gluing only one joint and letting the opposite arm joint be held in place by it's own socket and its tie to the other side.

55 minutes ago, Deathseed said:

I got mine together by kind of sliding them between the arms from top down like a ring toss or horse shoes, then just tweaking them into place for the joints. Don't be afraid to bend a little at the arrow. It's flexible and shouldn't break unless you get hamfisted with it.

Also, once you have them in place, don't be afraid to briefly "desocket" each socket one at a time for glue application before resocketing. Some of the fits seem tight enough on some sides that you could probably get away with gluing only one joint and letting the opposite arm joint be held in place by it's own socket and its tie to the other side.

Good advice, thank you.

4 hours ago, Budgernaut said:

"That's not how the Force works!"

That's the one I was waiting for

4 hours ago, Wolftame said:

Good advice, thank you.

My pleasure!

This ended up happening with one of my archers. I decided to just leave it be lol.

18109438_10154338448847385_1443204456_n.jpg