What happens to damage after a +health effect ends

By Bcmickle, in Warhammer 40,000: Conquest - Rules Questions

As an example, say I play Empower:

Combat Action : Each [Eldar] unit you control at a target planet gets +1 ATK and +1HP until the end of the battle.

on a unit with 1 health and during the battle it takes one damage. At the end of the battle it will lose the +1HP, will the 1 damage remain and the unit will die (aka the unit was considered to have 1 damage at the end of the battle) or will the damage token be removed with the +1HP (aka the the unit was considered to have 1 health at the end of the battle)?

I'm leaning towards it dying because the game seems to deal with damage more than unit health, but I'm not 100% sure.

I looked around for an answer to this question but I haven't been able to find it through my google-fu, so sorry if it has been asked and answered before.

EDIT: Also, on an unrelated topic, if your opponent has no remaining units at a planet during a battle and you have unexhausted units, do you have to attack or can you delay that by using other abilities that take a turn (or attacking a unit on another planet, I believe there is an attachment that lets you do that)? In other words, does the battle end if you can attack a unit at the planet, but there is no unit to attack or if you do try to attack a unit at the other planet but there is no unit to attack?

Edited by Bcmickle
On 18.04.2017 at 4:34 PM, Bcmickle said:

As an example, say I play Empower:

on a unit with 1 health and during the battle it takes one damage. At the end of the battle it will lose the +1HP, will the 1 damage remain and the unit will die (aka the unit was considered to have 1 damage at the end of the battle) or will the damage token be removed with the +1HP (aka the the unit was considered to have 1 health at the end of the battle)?

I'm leaning towards it dying because the game seems to deal with damage more than unit health, but I'm not 100% sure.

It dies.

On 18.04.2017 at 4:34 PM, Bcmickle said:

EDIT: Also, on an unrelated topic, if your opponent has no remaining units at a planet during a battle and you have unexhausted units, do you have to attack or can you delay that by using other abilities that take a turn (or attacking a unit on another planet, I believe there is an attachment that lets you do that)? In other words, does the battle end if you can attack a unit at the planet, but there is no unit to attack or if you do try to attack a unit at the other planet but there is no unit to attack?

If you have unexhausted unit and your opponent doesn't have any units, when Action windows passes you win battle. You can't delay attack itself. You, and your oponent, can play actions during Action Window, but if it's going to attack, there's no option to pass and you win if there's no any units on other side.

Edited by kempy