1 vs 1 Campaign Structure

By Halifax789, in Star Wars: Armada Organized Play

I see some of you are finding it hard to get 4+ people together so I wanted to share a sample 1 vs 1 campaign structure you might want to try or modify. My buddy and I have played 6-7 games into it now and are having a blast. Keeps the game Fresh for us.

1. Both sides start with a 400 point fleet of their choosing. No fighter relay skill or strategic skilled fighters. (Keeps flotillas in the fray).

2. Prior to each flight, each side requisitions 25 points of fighters, and 50 points of cap ships that won't be available until the NEXT fight. Points can be saved/carried over. Dead stuff is dead and needs to be replaced slowly. A side can 'warp out' starting round 4, just like in Corellian Conflict.

3. basic fights are 400 vs 400 "Recon Gathering" fights, the winner receives 6 "Recon points", the loser receives 2.

4. Ten "recon points" can be spent to initiate a "Strategic" fight. These are 500 vs 500. Winner receives 6 "strategic points" and the loser 2. The defender also receives 3 free recon points.

5. Ten "strategic points" can be spent to initiate a Campaign fight. These are 800 vs 800 mega brawls. Each side gets a free 300 points of 'temporary' stuff (just for this battle) to represent other small fleets rallying to them. First player to win two Campaign fights wins the campaign.

6*. For any fight but campaign fights, a side can opt to FLEE before the fight is started. In this case, the player that did not flee gets their victory points (i.e. recon points or battle points) without any fighting, and the fleeing side gets no victory points at all. The Fleeing side however gets an immediate ADDITIONAL requisition of 50 points for cap ships and 25 for fighters.