Broken Figures.

By jaschecter, in Imperial Assault Painting and Modification

I have finally opened the expansions and the figure boxes to see what they do look like unpainted.

Some of them ere broken in small places like blasters, and bases removed from the Imperial Probe Droids.

What is the best way to fix them without making them look worse then they are.

It has been over 30 days to try to have fantasy flight replace them, "if" they could.

First off I would contact FFG customer service, they have been great for me in the past. If it is simple stuff like a blaster or something, any type of crazy glue will work. Just file off any burs that might have formed and take your time lining it up properly, hold for a few seconds and good to go.

Busted figures can always make for good custom fodder. Broken bits can be made to look like battle-damage or used in base work, as debris.

As for minis broken off their bases, custom bases can be a nice alternative or using scenic base material can help hide the break or add support. One of my Probe Droids broke off the base and I used modeling clump bush material to help it structurally stay on the base because the join was so small.

If the Probe Droids are only detached, they are easily fixed with glue. If the legs are broken, then http://parts.asmodeena.com/

FFG will take care of replacement of broken figures and they do it quickly. I found several figures damaged in a Jabba's Realm expansion box and I had to fill out a simple form and include a picture of the broken figure(s). In no time at all I received a package in the post.

Sorry for the late response. Been busy with work and new family. Thank you for the information.

Nice to find this post. I had a few weapons broken off in the Jabba's Realm box as well. I think the weight of the Rancor really slides around crushing everything in there. I'll try filling out the form. Thanks!

58 minutes ago, dadocollin said:

Nice to find this post. I had a few weapons broken off in the Jabba's Realm box as well. I think the weight of the Rancor really slides around crushing everything in there. I'll try filling out the form. Thanks!

Yep, I heard JR was notorious for this, I lucked out with my copy though (just a few bendy spears).

Edited by 54NCH32