Duplicate

By fyrkant, in Runewars Rules Questions

Please check the other thread regarding "Reanimate ability" instead it has more answers/discussion.

The reason for multiple threads is probably that our accounts were new and therefore our threads were pending approval (at least mine was since Saturday)

When I read the description of Regenerate on the Reanimates I assumed it could only regenerate empty slots on trays still in place.

However if that is true, why does the last sentences of the definition of Regenerate (45.4) say:

"Figures are slotted one at a time into the fron-most tray with empty slots. Each figure must be slotted in a tray that contains one or more figures if possible"

The wording seems to imply that you can regenerate to a destroyed tray when all slotts on the trays in play are filled, otherwise what is the reason for the last sentence?

Edited by fyrkant
Duplicate thread
On 4/15/2017 at 1:23 AM, fyrkant said:

When I read the description of Regenerate on the Reanimates I assumed it could only regenerate empty slots on trays still in place.

However if that is true, why does the last sentences of the definition of Regenerate (45.4) say:

"Figures are slotted one at a time into the fron-most tray with empty slots. Each figure must be slotted in a tray that contains one or more figures if possible"

The wording seems to imply that you can regenerate to a destroyed tray when all slotts on the trays in play are filled, otherwise what is the reason for the last sentence?

There is a future ability that allows trays to come back. This rule means that you couldn't bring a tray back until all of your slots on the table are filled first.

This wording is a result of the order of operations when resolving an attack.

Removing trays from a unit is technically a seperate step from dealing damage. So an upgrade in the future may cause regenerate between steps 9(spend hits) and 10(reconfigure) of an attack such that, an empty tray has figures returned to it before it gets removed.

You dont regen destroyed trays. Period.

Only 1 character does this, its specifically worded to do this, and he's not even out yet.

Once the tray is gone. You dont regen those models.

This discussion is getting super tedious of people trying to cheat and using linguistics gymnastics to justify it.

1 hour ago, Trafficman said:

This discussion is getting super tedious of people trying to cheat and using linguistics gymnastics to justify it.

I know I've already addressed this, but your attitude is hardly becoming of the discussions we've had going on in this forum. Usually, we try to justify our answers with citations from the rules reference or learn to play guide. It's not enough to say, "It is how it is."

And what's really tedious is your insistence that people are trying to cheat. Do you know how cybercrime is prevented? By people get paid to break the law so they can build better defenses. It's not too different here. By exploring all hypothetical reasons for various interpretations, we can seek for official clarifications so that someone who may misunderstand -- or may cheat -- in the future can be stopped because those clarifications will exist in the form of the FAQ.

These discussions are important, and if you're not interested in the discussion aspect of the rules forum, then you don't need to participate. If you do want to participate, then please stop accusing everyone of cheating and please start supporting your rules interpretations with facts from the rules instead of declaring it as unalterable truth.