Carrion lancer ability

By Attackmack, in Runewars Rules Questions

"Choose 1 unengaged enemy unit..."

Unengaged by the carrion lancer in question, or unengaged by anyone?

I'd have to check the RRG fprnthe exact definition but from my previous experience with other FFG games I would say "unengaged by anyone"

Just now, NeonWolf said:

I'd have to check the RRG fprnthe exact definition but from my previous experience with other FFG games I would say "unengaged by anyone"

Thats how I interpret it since i havent found anything suggesting otherwise but it doesnt make much sense and I feel it kind of makes the ability a bit meh...

TBH, I dont see why it couldnt target a unit engaged by the carrion lancer itself either.

So just looked it up and here is the definition of "Engagement"

34 Engagement
If any part of a unit’s trays are touching any part of an enemy
unit’s trays, those units are engaged.

And "Unengaged"

34.5 A unit that is not engaged with any other units is an
unengaged unit

Edited by NeonWolf
update

Lancers lay in the early blight, then engage to use their mortal strike ability. Archers lay on blight to engaged targets to keep the worms rolling.

They are the bane of rune golems.

1 hour ago, Tvayumat said:

They are the bane of rune golems.

Rune golems rally as a white modifier.

2 hours ago, Corrinmana said:

They sure do. But I've found it's hard to keep up with banes in the heat of battle. If Rune Golems are coming under fire, they probably want extra defense. And if they Rally they can't also turn (reform). There too many decisions to make to allow rallying to be an easy solution.

2 hours ago, Corrinmana said:

Rally away. If I have them rallying, they aren't reforming.

7 hours ago, Tvayumat said:

Rally away. If I have them rallying, they aren't reforming.

Or defending

Do i have to select the cross on the Carrion Lancer's dial to apply a blight to my opponent or is this an automatic ability every round?

You have to choose the skill symbol to do it (and therefore miss out on doing other stuff).