Fleet Battle Twice in a Turn?

By XMARXdotCOM, in Star Wars: Rebellion

I hope this isn't painfully obvious and printed in black and white right before my nose...

My son and I are playing out first game, we had a situation where a space fleet needed to be used both to defend a system and attack another system in the same turn. We didn't know if this was legal, so wound up leaving it out of the attack force (second.) Would we have been allowed to use it the second time?

Thanks!

Edited by XMARXdotCOM

Yes you can take part in multiple battles in the same turn. The limiting factor is the use of leaders. If you had no leader when you defended the system and then could use a leader to move your units out of your system to attack another system, that would have been valid

Thanks, this leads to another question though. If that is the case, couldn't someone repeatedly pull fleets from system to system with multiple leaders, provided they were successful in each battle?

There's a very basic and important rule for Star Wars Rebellion : you can't move troup out of a system if there's one of your leader in that system.

When you attack, you have to activate a system (usually with enemy units in it) with one of your leaders in your pool. If you win that battle, that system now has your leader and your units in it. Therefore, you can't move units out of that system, because there's your leader ! That rule prevent units from moving multiple times in one turn

On 4/9/2017 at 10:29 AM, Le Jedi Fou said:

There's a very basic and important rule for Star Wars Rebellion : you can't move troup out of a system if there's one of your leader in that system.

When you attack, you have to activate a system (usually with enemy units in it) with one of your leaders in your pool. If you win that battle, that system now has your leader and your units in it. Therefore, you can't move units out of that system, because there's your leader ! That rule prevent units from moving multiple times in one turn

Ah Ha! Yes, you are correct. Thank you