Which color and faction got the best legendaries?

By Manzanita9, in Star Wars: Destiny

Looking just at Spirit of rebellion which faction and color got the best legendaries?

Blue

Yellow

RED :D

1 hour ago, Nitratas said:

Blue

27 minutes ago, Amanal said:

Yellow

5 minutes ago, john_nld said:

RED :D

LOL

Tough choice. Last time was probably yellow villain - they all have their place in some top tier decks.

This time, too early to tell. My inital thought is possibly villain red - Krennic has a nice ability and tie pilot is never a bad choice, and FN whatsit is another cheap elite.

Isn't it pointless to talk about legendaries alone in a game that lives from synergies between cards...?

If Legendaries alone then Blue. You cannot top Palpatine in this release.

Force Speed and Force lightning and the bow are very good.

Obi Wan is ok but the others are the big cards.

Yellow got 7 cards while the other two got 5 each. So it 'should' be yellow through quantity. Plus my fav is yellow villain

53 minutes ago, Ywingscum said:

Yellow got 7 cards while the other two got 5 each. So it 'should' be yellow through quantity. Plus my fav is yellow villain

Yellow got one less Legendary card in Awk (6-6-5).

So, now we have a pool of:

11 Red Legendary (5 Villain, 5 Hero, 1 neutral)

11 Blue Legendary (5 Villain, 5 Hero, 1 neutral)

12 Yellow Legendary (5 Villain, 5 Hero, 2 neutral)

In SoR, in a vacuum I would say Blue got the most awesome Legendaries.

Maz's Goggles and Chewie alone, nevertheless, would push Yellow to the top for me.

I agree. The blue legendaries are the most powerful, but the yellow ones are definitely the most fun.

Yellow is my personal favorite faction, so I'm glad there's a lot of them in SoR!

I was lucky enough to get Palpatine at the prerelease event, but I'll probably be looking to trade him for Jyn, Chewie, or IG-88 at some point here, depending on what else I pull. I'm looking forward to spending all my money on this wave! Should be very fun.

4 hours ago, blackholexan said:

Yellow got one less Legendary card in Awk (6-6-5).

So, now we have a pool of:

11 Red Legendary (5 Villain, 5 Hero, 1 neutral)

11 Blue Legendary (5 Villain, 5 Hero, 1 neutral)

12 Yellow Legendary (5 Villain, 5 Hero, 2 neutral)

In SoR, in a vacuum I would say Blue got the most awesome Legendaries.

Maz's Goggles and Chewie alone, nevertheless, would push Yellow to the top for me.

I count 33 legendary cards (11 for each color). The only neutral Yellow I see is Thermal Detonator.

Never mind, I see that Quadjumper is a Legendary.

Edited by DDoubleVVision
fixed error
6 hours ago, Alphastealer said:

If Legendaries alone then Blue. You cannot top Palpatine in this release.

Wait, how are we defining "best"? Are we talking about value, like...the "best" thing to crack because it's worth bank? Or like..."best" as in you REALLY want it in your deck because it's good?

'Cause the answer to either is probably Blue for Force Speed, but after that I miiiiight lean Hero because Obi Wan + Lightbow might be the better pair of cards compared to Palpatine and Force Lightning. That said, do not misunderstand and think that I believe Obi Wan and Lightbow are Tier 1 cards. I just think that Lightbow may actually see play since it has 3 pretty solid sides for producing consistent value, and Obi Wan may stumble upon a partner who makes him worth while. Palpatine and Force Lightning are....well, ...have fun with them.

Edit : If you wonder why I'd nominate a color/faction I feel so lackluster about for the "best", it's because I think only a handful of Legendaries are good in SoR, and they're mostly pretty spread out. I don't see a clump of good ones in any specific color or faction. /shrug

Edited by CBMarkham

C-3PO for the win. Red.

Ok interesting, I'm noticing no one said red. So what I'm sensing is.

Baton (Fun)

Krenic (Great)

U-wing (spendy)

Baze (underwhelming)

Rocket Launcher (Fun)

VS

Palp (!!!)

Force Speed (Predicted to change the game)

Obiwan (Loyal Fans)

Force Lightning ("Impressive")

Hand Crafted Light Bow (Very Playable)

VS

Chewie (UUUUUrrrrrraaaaaaagggghhhhh!!!!)

Bowcaster (shrug?)

Maz Goggle (So usable)

IG88 (Good and exciting)

Slave I (Affordable and Iconic)

Quadjumper (strategic)

Blackmail (deck defining)

I wonder which legendary will be the new Black One?

Honestly? I don't think there is really a clear winner. Character wise, I'd say Red dips behind slightly because I think both of them will be good but not great. Yellow gets Chewie who I think will be crazy, and IG-88 who again will probably be decent. Blue I'm not 100% sure where they'll fall, though I think both will win in fun factor, or people trying to build decks for them.

Upgrades, I think every single on of them is good. All the expensive ones are solid, and the cheap ones are amazing for their cost.

Supports, Slave 1 seems crazy good. I think the U Wing may fly under the radar a bit, but I think it's got a lot of potential because every single one of it's sides is fantastic. I think both of them have the potential to open up those kind of decks that just want to get a few huge dice into play. That pretty much leaves the Quadjumper, which I'm not sold on.

So, overall? I think Yellow probably pipes out Blue by just a bit, with Red coming in not too far behind.