Few more SoR rules questions

By Redblock, in Star Wars: Destiny

1 Can you discard ammo belt in place of your infantry grenades if you use its special?

2 is neutral a color for Mon Mothmas ability? could you reroll opponents infantry grenades after playing neutral event?

3 If you copy Lone operative special with Cunning who gets the healing? Lone operative has "attached character" in its wording, so does cunning still heal character lone operative is attached to?

4 One of zillion cargo hold questions. If you have One with the force and second Chance on Obi-wan Kenobi (yes, with Cargo hold you most likely can, or not) All 3 has exact same timing, so can you trigger Obis free card effect, put One with Force as support, and only then trigger second chance and stay alive, or even trigger second chance before One with force, so one with force trigger never happens? (Cargo hold will need whole page of errata alone).

1. I would hope not, because that would mean it works for Thermal Detonator, but the way it's written now, I think it might.

2. Gray is a color, and should trigger her ability.

3. It would be the character Lone Operative is attached to.

4. All 3 abilities would trigger at the same time, so you choose the order. I think that if you let second chance resolve first, the others wouldn't happen, since it replaces being defeated. There's a ruling in the RRG about 2 Second Chances on a character and only one would resolve, I think that would apply here too, since they have the same trigger?

I don't understand all the confusion about Cargo Hold. Seems pretty straightforward :-P

Edited by netherspirit1982

Battlefield controller gets to determine order of simultaneous effects. So yes, if you control the battlefield you should be able to resolve Obi-Wan, OWtF and Second Chance in whatever order is most beneficial for you.

2 hours ago, Abyss said:

Battlefield controller gets to determine order of simultaneous effects. So yes, if you control the battlefield you should be able to resolve Obi-Wan, OWtF and Second Chance in whatever order is most beneficial for you.

Read the Simultaneous Abilities section again, that's only true when both players have things triggering at the same time. If one person controls all the effects triggering they get to choose the order regardless of who controls the battlefield.

Cunning would heal the character cunning is attached too.

9 minutes ago, Mep said:

Cunning would heal the character cunning is attached too.

I don't think this is correct. Cunning basically triggers the special on a different card as if it were yours, but everything else is still the same. So just like Cunning for a Thermal Detonator discards the Detonator, not Cunning, the attached character stays the same and would be the one healed, not the Cunning character.

Ammo belt - Before another upgrade on attached character would be discarded by a card effect, you may discard this upgrade instead.

Is special (i.e. Thermal Detonator's) a card effect or dice effect? I assume it's dice.

16 minutes ago, NetCop said:

Ammo belt - Before another upgrade on attached character would be discarded by a card effect, you may discard this upgrade instead.

Is special (i.e. Thermal Detonator's) a card effect or dice effect? I assume it's dice.

I'm not sure there's a difference.

Seems to me that getting multiple uses out of discard upgrades like Thermal Detonator is the entire point of the card.

Grenades and Thermals are the whole point of this card and you guys are questioning that they work with it...? Please...

What is funny is that it works on second chance :D Mill FTW :D

8 minutes ago, Vitalis said:

Indeed.

Why even have 'equipment' and 'weapon' and 'ability' upgrades if you're not going to... y'know... utilise those to make your thematic cards make more sense.

1 hour ago, Vitalis said:

Grenades and Thermals are the whole point of this card and you guys are questioning that they work with it...? Please...

How does it work on second chance? Second chance is removed by damage dealt not by a card effect.

1 hour ago, NetCop said:

How does it work on second chance? Second chance is removed by damage dealt not by a card effect.

Second chances card effect is to remove 2nd chance instead of killing a character...

So two more second chances for total cost of 2? I doubt but this game is drifting away from logic very quickly so who knows what was the intention of "ammo belt".

3 hours ago, Stu35 said:

Why even have 'equipment' and 'weapon' and 'ability' upgrades if you're not going to... y'know... utilise those to make your thematic cards make more sense.

Exactly, there are some good uses of it, but they aren't consistent with their use of the upgrade types when it makes sense.

If this works with Second Chance it's stupid. Second Chance is already one of the most annoying card in the game, being able to recur it and play it again was annoying, giving it a way to trigger but stay in play is ridiculous.