Vader or Raider - Who do you kill first?

By Shadow345, in Star Wars: Destiny

Put all your effort into Vader at the start then pick off the lone Tusken later in the game?

Or attack and kill the Tusken early to remove some of Vader's support?

Generally Vader, but it kind of depends on where their "value" is.

Your objective is to win the game, but also to take the most threatening dice off the table in order to protect yourself. This means that even though Vader has 5 more HP, he's usually the correct first target, because his 2 dice are way scarier than the one die of Tusken Raider, and they represent a bigger threat to you. However, if while you're rolling out your damage, your opponent applies a Sith Holocron to the Tusken Raider and proceeds to drop a Mind Probe on him, the entire dynamic has changed. Now, the Tusken Raider is equally as threatening as Vader, but you can remove his dice much more quickly, so you apply your damage to the Raider.

Focus on eliminating your opponent's dice value, wherever it may be.

The other golden rule is when you can take a character off the board you do.

The correct answer is 'Royal Guard.'

Vader. That and we've got one guy at our local shop who only has Vader, Bala-tik, and Nightsister, and not enough upgrades to support any combo. Next game night will be fun because our shop got in 24 starters, so all the local players who don't have them should be able to get them

Vader.

You don't want to to go up against a fully equipped Elite Vader in the end game.

I always go after Vader, usually once he is down, game over

14 minutes ago, Ywingscum said:

I always go after Vader, usually once he is down, game over

especially if you're a villain team with Crime boss

Vader 100%. He just has too much potential damage output with even no upgrades to ignore. Give him a chance of getting some no mercy off for cheap unmitigated damage late game or now even worse getting rise again in play. Killing a Tusken late game is a lot more doable. Every time I have gone for the raider first I have lost.

Rey and Poe versus Vader and Raider

Poe dies

Vader dies

Rey 4 health claims battlefield activating special on Lightsaber dealing 2 unblockable to Raider getting him to 1 health remaining.

Raider uses his Sith holocron to focus his die to 3 Melee (R) and then plays No Mercy +3 and wins the game.

Go for the Raider.