Tournament Columbia, South Carolina April 8th

By Angry_Ewok, in Star Wars: Armada Organized Play

I will be hosting a tournament on April 8th in Columbia SC, at Firefly Toys and Games

They are located at:

Richardson Plaza Shopping Center

657 St Andrews Rd

Columbia, SC 29210

The event will be a standard tournament following the FFG guidelines. Fleets will cap at 400 points. Entry Fee is $5 a player, Winner gets the store credit and some extra promo cards I have laying around...

Doors open at 10 AM and I would encourage anyone coming to be there at 10, and bring your play mats if you have them. I want to have dice rolling by 10:30.

Schedule should be:

Round 1: 10:30 AM - 12:45 PM

Lunch: 12:45 PM -1:30 PM

Round 2: 1:30 PM - 3:45 PM

Round 3: 4:15 PM - 6:30 PM

Awards and Clean-Up as soon as the last game finishes.

Come join us even if you are new to the game, this is not a store championship and we will be very understanding with new players, we are mainly trying to build the community in South Carolina.

Also, if you are interested, we will be trying to set up a CC Campaign based out of this same store near the end of April. If interested please contact me here or PM me.

I will be there sir.

Thanks for putting on a great tournament. It was great to get to play against some new people.

On March 30, 2017 at 9:58 AM, Space_Cowboy17 said:

Also, if you are interested, we will be trying to set up a CC Campaign based out of this same store near the end of April. If interested please contact me here or PM me.

You mentioned a CC Campaign near the end of April. Are you referring to just the Corellian Conflict campaign box or the actual Corellian Conflict league kit campaign? I've gotta get my hands on those Interceptor cards...

Anyway, I'm going to be learning the game in the next few days after owning it for two years and am eager to play it. I can probably drive over from Sumter for the next tournament or maybe just a casual game sometime. Is there a Columbia Armada FB group at all like the X-Wing and Imperial Assault groups? I searched but couldn't find one.

Yes, though the group is currently closed. I am the admin and can get you in if you will PM me your name, alternatively, if you feel like playing a game Saturday at Firefly Toys and Games we can meet and play. I have both Armada and X-wing and would be interested in meeting you and playing both games this Saturday April 22.

We are looking to do a CC Campaign soon. At the event this post was created for it came out that the rest of April will be pretty full for most people. I am looking to start in May. I will announce it on the forum but it will mostly be promoted from the FB group.

Edited by Space_Cowboy17

I can join the group, that sounds like a great idea if I want to get any games in. I was hoping to play this Saturday with the guy I was talking about but I no one else showed up to game night last night, so we played Armada instead of any board games. I shared pics to the Columbia X-Wing group earlier today. I can PM you my name though .

Saturday X-Wing and Armada sounds awesome but the game night host invited me last night to some kind of cookout/party at his house on Saturday and there'll be gaming all afternoon after most of the non-gamer guests leave.

I've been planning on going to Firefly next Saturday for Tabletop Day for a while now. I want to get some board gaming in and figured I'd bring a variety of games but I also decided on bringing my X-Wing stuff. I'd love to bring my Armada stuff but last night I used the host's ships; I don't have any kind of storage solution in mind for Armada yet and haven't even opened a lot of items. I'm thinking about going with the Stanley expandable toolbox system though and if I make a decision quick, I can maybe have that early next week. Anyway what I'm getting at is I'll be at Firefly possibly from open until close next Saturday with at least my X-Wing ships and possibly Armada, if you were available to play then.