Worlds activities

By brettpkelly, in Imperial Assault Organized Play

I got my ticket for worlds and I'm pumped for the trip, trying to figure out what I should expect from people that went last year. Some questions:

1. I'm planning on arriving Wednesday and flying out Saturday, is there any reason to stay longer or arrive earlier? I know there is a side tournament Saturday for IA, but I don't really care about it that much to be honest. Are there good prizes for the side tournaments?

2. Are there any unofficial events I should know about? I listened to the Vader's finest podcast for last year's worlds and I know they did some kind of drinking event, is there anything like that this year?

3. Is there anything at FFG besides the tournament worth checking out? Do they do any kinds of tours or anything like that?

4. Any recommendations for other stuff besides FFG to check out in the area?

Thanks! Can't wait to meet some of you guys there!

-Brett

Edited by brettpkelly

Would be nice to know as well. I'm flying out there on the Tuesday until Sunday to grab as much of the atmosphere as i can whilst i'm not playing in any side events or the IA tourney.

It would be nice to see what the local area has to offer as wel.

Edited by TryerImp
1 hour ago, brettpkelly said:

I got my ticket for worlds and I'm pumped for the trip, trying to figure out what I should expect from people that went last year. Some questions:

1. I'm planning on arriving Wednesday and flying out Saturday, is there any reason to stay longer or arrive earlier? I know there is a side tournament Saturday for IA, but I don't really care about it that much to be honest. Are there good prizes for the side tournaments?

2. Are there any unofficial events I should know about? I listened to the Vader's finest podcast for last year's worlds and I know they did some kind of drinking event, is there anything like that this year?

3. Is there anything at FFG besides the tournament worth checking out? Do they do any kinds of tours or anything like that?

4. Any recommendations for other stuff besides FFG to check out in the area?

Thanks! Can't wait to meet some of you guys there!

-Brett

1: Depends on what other games you play. If IA is the only game you play, then there's not much else. However, X-Wing will be running a few Hangar Bay events, and I'm sure Armada and Destiny will also have events if you play those games (I don't so I haven't checked yet).

2: I tweeted Vader's Finest to see if they were doing another brewery party, but no response yet. I'd be down to organize an IA drinking party though even if they don't make it.

3: They have a well stocked game store but unfortunately do not do tours of the office.

4: There are several cool museums and zoos (I recommend the Aquarium at the Mall of America, the Science Museum, and Como Zoo), the Mall of America, and I'm sure other cool things. I'm not from the area so I couldn't point out anything for night life or whatnot.

Edited by ThatJakeGuy