Knights of Ren SoR Spoiler

By thesug1, in Star Wars: Destiny

17554102_1358848160861609_10160689917914

Seems pricey. I would expect an Elite Royal Guard to appear at some point.

I can see pairing this with eVader to give the player enough time to upgrade the heck out of him. Guardian is fantastic, I just wish he had more HP.

45 minutes ago, Hawkman2000 said:

Seems pricey.

By what metric? He's like...exactly on par with the established cost to power of generics. He's a Rebel Trooper who costs 1pt more, but has 1 more health and his modified side has 1 greater value. His cost is pretty reasonable, for what you get. He's like, exactly on par in terms of value for cost.

Unless you just mean that the 9pt price point is rough, and that you'd rather he had 7 health and a cost of 8pts, which I guess I wouldn't argue.

Seems like a really good option to consider for replacing Tusken raider to pair with Vader, I think the damage output is more consistent (and all melee) and built in guardian almost forces your opponent to go after the Royal Guard first unless they want you splitting damage.

The question is whether loosing access to yellow, (electroshock, He Doesn’t like you etc.) is worth it. Its really close, but if there are enough new blue control cards in SoR Vader might have a new sidekick.

Not having a resource side is a definite downside though.

Maybe 2 of these with an elite Bala Tik. Throw in a couple of holocrons to negate their ruling on blue abilities. They can absorb the hits while you stick all the great upgrades on Bala, and if you can keep him alive long enough get to use his ability at least once. A total of 24 HP for 29 points.

3 hours ago, Virtigo said:

I can see pairing this with eVader to give the player enough time to upgrade the heck out of him. Guardian is fantastic, I just wish he had more HP.

How about Dooku/Royal Guard X 2 as an alternative? (For those of us that don't have even one Vader! :P :) )

Lack of resources could be an issue, but man you'd have shields like crazy between Dooku ability and RG shields to keep Dooku alive and powered up!

10 minutes ago, Zordren said:

How about Dooku/Royal Guard X 2 as an alternative? (For those of us that don't have even one Vader! :P :) )

Lack of resources could be an issue, but man you'd have shields like crazy between Dooku ability and RG shields to keep Dooku alive and powered up!

Rolling 1s would just be worthless against that deck!

45 minutes ago, Zordren said:

There is a yet to be spoiled blue villain that can go elite with elite Dooku that I would like to try instead who's power is: When an opponent discards to reroll, you may force them to discard 2.

I like and hate this card.

I like the design space this card appears in. Perfect for eVader or Emperor.

I hate the wording on the card. It probably meant "You may not play Blue Upgrade Abilities on this character." But that is NOT what it says.
You cannot use Enrage on the Royal Guard - Enrage is a Blue Ability.

From the Rules:

PART 7. ABILITIES
An ability is the special game text that a card contributes
to the game. There are five types of abilities: action
abilities, claim abilities, ongoing abilities, special abilities,
and triggered abilities. There are also keywords, which
are shorthands for abilities that appear on multiple cards.
Cards can have more than one ability; each ability is its own
paragraph on the card.

Example: Finn (r45) has two different abilities.

"Playing on" is not the same thing as targeting. Enrage should work fine on him.

1 hour ago, Zordren said:

I have actually started thinking about Dooku, Royal Guard, Tusken Raider. Three melee beaters with a moderate health pool and access to two colors. Might be okay.

43 minutes ago, CBMarkham said:

I have actually started thinking about Dooku, Royal Guard, Tusken Raider. Three melee beaters with a moderate health pool and access to two colors. Might be okay.

Not only two colors, but the two colors with lots of melee upgrades. Gaffi Stick, Flamethrower, Lightsabers (regular and Kylo), Vibroknucklers, plus [redacted] and [redacted].

57 minutes ago, CBMarkham said:

Yeah I like that idea!! Since I have a Dooku and a Raider already, maybe I'll be lucky and get at least one RG!

10 hours ago, Virtigo said:

There is a yet to be spoiled blue villain that can go elite with elite Dooku that I would like to try instead who's power is: When an opponent discards to reroll, you may force them to discard 2.

Ventress. She seems good, though she only has 9 health.

17553969_1359045724175186_19915316843042

17499379_1359128200833605_77712295994778

17498996_1359126684167090_44641064917558

That is way better than Holdout Blaster, and I'm glad to see generic melee is getting more support. Between this and Snap Wexley I expect to see Rebel War Room getting more play.

Edited by WonderWAAAGH
29 minutes ago, WonderWAAAGH said:

That is way better than Holdout Blaster

Is it? I dunno. I like the die a little better, but I'd rather have redeploy than the ability. Lack of redeploy is a little rough for Heroes, atm.

Unblockable damage? Yes!

I see ALL the vibro cards replacing my lightsabers in eVader 1.0 /Raider.

That tried and true duo looks better with every card revealed.

43 minutes ago, CBMarkham said:

Is it? I dunno. I like the die a little better, but I'd rather have redeploy than the ability. Lack of redeploy is a little rough for Heroes, atm.

I'd rather kill my opponent's characters than worry about what happens when mine die.

I don't know about replacing my Raider for the Guard just yet. No more Backup Muscle and He doesn't like you?

I do like him with Dooku and a Raider

I love the knew Vibro

And hey, a way to get rid of Force Speed? Cool.

Shields, they aren't actually a thing.

Wondering if this would play with with Egrevious gives him the time to do his thing before he gets wiped out. While giving you access to lightsabers.

Edited by Icelom

with Rise again i can certainly see a mono blue eVader/Royal guard deck doing well with the loss of yellow cards