UK nationals - dates announced

By Mundo, in Star Wars: Armada Organized Play

They have announced the dates for U.K. Nationals, including Armada, this September. The event runs over three days, and may be like the Euro championship - 2 days of Swiss, then a day of top 4 knockout. Looking forward to it!

http://www.esdeviumgames.com/news-item/announcing-ffg-uk-regionals-and-nationals/

As a reminder, here are the details for the Euro championship in June. Already 44 tickets sold so far!

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/11/21/the-2017-european-championships/

http://www.ukgamesexpo.co.uk/bookevents.php?subcat=ffg

Got my ticket booked. Sound off any forumites who are going!

Going to European championships. I'll be busy on the Sunday so won't get to see the top 4, but looking forward to playing a load of pew pew then getting drink and playing other games in the evening.

Hello there :)

I will be also going to European Chapionships :) I could not find a topic dedicated to this even an I have some questions regarding such large event (Mundo, I hope you forgive me stealing topic).

Is this £24.00 ticket the only ticket I need to have to get to event? I see a lot of kind of tickets (entry, age etc.) and there is also such information:

Event Tickets

If you want to enter a tournament or play an RPG game you pay per event. In addition to an event ticket you need to purchase an entry ticket to get into UK Games Expo.

RPGs, Miniature, Card and Boardgame tournament entry fees are dependant on game system. Some tournaments may be discounted where they have specific sponsorship.

Roleplaying Games: £4 per slot

Board Games: Tournaments £6

Card Games: Tournaments £6

One Day Miniatures Tournaments £8

Two Day Miniatures Tournaments £16

So is it £24.00, £30.00 (with board games marking) or what?

I would appreciate any help with this (or a direction to appropriate topic)

As i understand it, you need the Armada ticket and the three day access ticket? Works out at £50. I only realised this week i needed the access one (i had the Armada one) and quickly grabbed it.

Edited by GammonLord

The first link doesn't work for me :(

Also I am confused, is the EU championship replacing the uk nationals? Or are they separate tournaments ? If so, are they happening at the same time?

The EU Champonship is from 2nd to 4th june.

The UK national is in september. But the link is not working anymore.

For the Armada EU Championship you need the entry ticket and the Boardgame Event Ticket for Armada .

So the 3 day adult ticket for £28 and the ticket for £24.

Edited by Tokra

Nitenite hotel is now £64. They have a deal!

I shall be attending both events

Same. Did you go to the Bristol event the other week @Plagueis ?

Just now, GammonLord said:

Same. Did you go to the Bristol event the other week @Plagueis ?

sadly unable to

Sorry to hear that man. Was a nice little event, I made 6th out 12! (ie, i didnt get my arse totally kicked). There's the Kirton Games tournament near Exeter coming up July if you're game (pun intended :D )

Edited by GammonLord
26 minutes ago, GammonLord said:

Sorry to hear that man. Was a nice little event, I made 6th out 12! (ie, i didnt get my arse totally kicked). There's the Kirton Games tournament near Exeter coming up July if you're game (pun intended :D )

Tickets went up 30 seconds ago :)

You paid £25.00 GBP
to Kirton Games
Me and my brother will be attending

Cheers for the heads up, just got mine!

Quick question on format for the Europeans later this year - it's over two days with a Top 4 cut; does that mean we all play Swiss on both days (5 rounds spread over the two days) or half the field play one day and the other half the next day? Or are there more than 5 rounds of Swiss?

5 hours ago, Kendraam said:

Quick question on format for the Europeans later this year - it's over two days with a Top 4 cut; does that mean we all play Swiss on both days (5 rounds spread over the two days) or half the field play one day and the other half the next day? Or are there more than 5 rounds of Swiss?

Its most likely to be 3 Rounds of swiss the first day.

Then 2 rounds of swiss the second day.

Then Cut to Top 4, for Elimination.

- Because that's the same format as Worlds.

2 hours ago, Drasnighta said:

Its most likely to be 3 Rounds of swiss the first day.

Then 2 rounds of swiss the second day.

Then Cut to Top 4, for Elimination.

- Because that's the same format as Worlds.

Thanks Dras - feared it might be. Shame, was kind of hoping it would be 4 rounds on each day, especially as the times quoted are 11am-10pm and then 10am-9pm on Day two; long time for just five rounds!

Edited by Kendraam
6 minutes ago, Kendraam said:

Thanks Dras - feared it might be. Shame, was kind of hoping it would be 4 rounds on each day, especially as the times quoted are 11am-10pm and then 10am-9pm on Day two; long time for just five rounds!

Well, I mean, I don't know , I'm only guessing at what seems likely.

Might be worthwhile trying to find someone to contact and ask.

Looking back on Facebook when Euros were discussed Alex Watkins said it would depend on the turn out but it should be a maximum of 4 rounds a day. Max 8 rounds of Swiss with a top 4 cut.

That's what it says.

The only inconsistency is the last line, which seems to be a Copypasta (since it should say Top 4 begins)

Star Wars Armada :

Registration opens: 9am Friday 2nd June

First round starts: 11am Friday 2nd June. 4 Rounds planned on Day 1

Day two registration opens: 8am Saturday 3rd June

Round 5 starts: 10am. 4 rounds are scheduled on Day 2

Day three registration starts: 8am Sunday 4th June for the top 4.

Top 16 begins at 10am

2 hours ago, noggin said:

Maybe I've missed sth, but this hyperlink doesn't work. Where I can find details on nationals? Are tickets available now?

No tickets yet.

Do we even know which days armada will be on?

Seeing how they are catering this events days around Xwing players and I will end up having to be there for 4 days and in that time get to play a single one day event, with nothing else to enjoy, it pains me to say I will not be attending this years nationals. Going to miss seeing everyone but good luck to everyone that goes...