Armor mounted flame projector

By Rosco74, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

Hello. I searched this armor attachment but couldn't find it so I read the under barrel flame projector. I think the stats are wrong, let's compare this item with a standard flame projector.

standard FP has damage 8, Blast 8 and Burn 3

under-barrel FP has damage 10, Blast 2 and Burn 5.

I think an under-barrel flame projector must be smaller than a standard flame projector, so the damage of 10 seems an error... then the Blast quality equal to damage to my opinion feel justified for a weapon like FP, so this Blast 2...

Then Burn 5, why? If you do the math a standard FP deals 8*3 damage if you hit, thus 24. This secondary weapon, under-barrel small FP deals 10*5 damage if you hit, 50! What's wrong?

PS: can someone point me where are the wrist weapons usually installed on armors, like the flame projector of Cade Bane or the Mandalorians. Thanks a lot

Edited by Rosco74

There is a light flame projector in No Disintegrations that I believe could be applied with the wrist mount attachment if it has enough hard points (needs 2). If not, there is the VX Hands-Free armor attachment that can attach a ranged weapon of encumbrance 4 or less.

There's nothing wrong with the stats on the 2 weapons.

One has more spread, while the other is a lot more focused. I don't see the problem either. Except maybe that I should add the damage 10, Burn 5 into my list of "op" weapons in the autofire thread. It is quite the simple single target damage source.

Though keep in mind, that soak is applied against each damage tick.

Edited by SEApocalypse

The VX hand free mod is actually for creating the shoulder weapon of Predator ;)

I dont have access to the BH book anyone can spoil some stats of this weapon? Thanks

and I think 10 damage is a bit more a plasma projector !

10 hours ago, Rosco74 said:

The VX hand free mod is actually for creating the shoulder weapon of Predator ;)

I dont have access to the BH book anyone can spoil some stats of this weapon? Thanks

and I think 10 damage is a bit more a plasma projector !

Mount a Disruptor.

I managed to see the No Dis. flame pistol. It uses some plasma flames, more dangerous than a standard flame according the fluff, more hot ect... and the damage are 5 with vicious 2. So I think the under-barrel small flame projector is really overestimated with the 10 damage Burn 5... Even the vehicle flame projector in the Hired Gun wich is suppoed to be THE heavy flame projector of the game do less damage...