Leak Thread Deleted By FFG

By dpb1298, in Star Wars: Destiny

Well I guess that one guy was right. FFG deleted my thread with the leaks. Doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things I suppose. The cat's already out of the bag. Looks like a pretty solid wave.

13 minutes ago, dpb1298 said:

Well I guess that one guy was right. FFG deleted my thread with the leaks. Doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things I suppose. The cat's already out of the bag. Looks like a pretty solid wave.

Yeah. Ive been just going through Facebook finding stuff so its going to get out at this point. FFG, and Im betting its more Asmodee than FFG, should just let it go at this point as it will be found by people.

At yet it appears that you're not banned.

If anyone has a good, non-Facebook link to the cards would you mind sending me a private message? Thanks in advance.

We need a congressional investigation over these leaks!

Well, I guess now we know what it actually takes to get a mod into the forums.

This forum was on the precipice of exploding with conversation earlier, and now it just feels... dead. Good job, FFG.

Yeah I was pretty excited to come here and see everyone's thoughts on the new cards, but there's nothing here, its not like we weren't going to compile a full list of cards in like 8 days time anyway.

Guess I will just head over to the FB threads instead.

40 minutes ago, Mace Windu said:

Yeah I was pretty excited to come here and see everyone's thoughts on the new cards, but there's nothing here, its not like we weren't going to compile a full list of cards in like 8 days time anyway.

Guess I will just head over to the FB threads instead.

Also this is FFG's official board. You really except them to allow leaked spoilers that haven't been officially announced?

No need for the villain article now, lol. I've got the images in a link if anyone wants to pm me.

33 minutes ago, Network57 said:

Also this is FFG's official board. You really except them to allow leaked spoilers that haven't been officially announced?

They certainly could have. I expect any worries about damaging anything were overblown, and loosing the lawyers rarely does much to endear a company to its customers.

It's not the crime that matters but who leaked it!. :angry:

59 minutes ago, Mep said:

It's not the crime that matters but who leaked it!. :angry:

Ill agree there. FFG cant put the genie back in the bottle, we know the list is out there and we will find it, actually already have the whole thing myself. Now the person who did leak it if they where under a NDA then they are actionable against, not the community.

Reporting on leaks isn't a crime. Leaking the documents in the first place is. Once it's out I think the community should have full run over it, but I respect FFG's decision to protect their intellectual property.

1 hour ago, GamerGuy1984 said:

Ill agree there. FFG cant put the genie back in the bottle, we know the list is out there and we will find it, actually already have the whole thing myself. Now the person who did leak it if they where under a NDA then they are actionable against, not the community.

It wasn't 'leaked' per se, not intentionally by anyone affiliated with the company at least. It was a matter of supreme negligence in keeping a work-in-progress version of the translation files accessible via a cloud storage service website with no password or added security. Someone likely forgot to delete them after sharing with the translation team. Eventually a random person just stumbled upon them, realized what they were, made copies and shared them on the internets.

Apparently that folder contained more stuff than just Destiny cards. Reportedly there was also a similar file with cards for a yet-unannounced Arkham LCG expansion and possibly other stuff.

Edited by player1750031
2 hours ago, player1750031 said:

It wasn't 'leaked' per se, not intentionally by anyone affiliated with the company at least. It was a matter of supreme negligence in keeping a work-in-progress version of the translation files accessible via a cloud storage service website with no password or added security. Someone likely forgot to delete them after sharing with the translation team. Eventually a random person just stumbled upon them, realized what they were, made copies and shared them on the internets.

Apparently that folder contained more stuff than just Destiny cards. Reportedly there was also a similar file with cards for a yet-unannounced Arkham LCG expansion and possibly other stuff.

And I missed my window to take a look at it.

Why, oh why, does everyone believe they won't be hacked? It is when you get hacked, not if. With that mind set, when you get hacked, things accessed tend not to be so sensitive.

And FFG, you make netrunner, really, getting hacked....... Pay for some freakin Ice.

So, how many points was the SoR agenda worth?

55 minutes ago, Mep said:

Why, oh why, does everyone believe they won't be hacked? It is when you get hacked, not if. With that mind set, when you get hacked, things accessed tend not to be so sensitive.

And FFG, you make netrunner, really, getting hacked....... Pay for some freakin Ice.

So, how many points was the SoR agenda worth?

They were not hacked. They had it in public folder... just like that accesible for anyone who took his time to browse some cloud stuff out of boredom.

NVM

Edited by KrisWall

It also wasn't FFG that got hacked, it was another company doing translations for the cards. A contracted company. If I'm FFG that relationship is now over! I'd be looking for a new partner to translate stuff going forward. There's enough issues to deal with without a partner dropping the ball

Also so pumped my Guavian death gang dudes made it in. And I'm pumped by a handful of others who I don't want to mention. I don't want my posts deleted. I'm glad I wrote them all down before they got deleted

What was spoiled? The SoR set? We'll be seeing that soon enough. I heard that the Starter Deck 2.0 lists were also spoiled, but in English and not Polish. True? Were they 30 cards?

All the legendary and rares and some others of SoR set were spoiled mostly in polish, and yeah it will all be spoiled next week anyway

What about the Starter Deck 2.0 cards? Did I hear wrong?

1 hour ago, Ywingscum said:

It also wasn't FFG that got hacked, it was another company doing translations for the cards. A contracted company. If I'm FFG that relationship is now over! I'd be looking for a new partner to translate stuff going forward. There's enough issues to deal with without a partner dropping the ball

It's not a contracted translation company, but the actual publisher that publishes Polish versions of FFG products and acts as an exclusive distributor of FFG products for the entire country. A head or multiple heads will probably roll, but I seriously doubt we'll see a complete termination of partnership. The piece of cake FFG would be giving up is too big to make such impulsive decisions.

Edited by player1750031
27 minutes ago, KrisWall said:

What about the Starter Deck 2.0 cards? Did I hear wrong?

AFAIK you did, we still don't know anything about any new starter decks. As far as Destiny is concerned, 'only' the SoR stuff was compromised.