new best opening?

By amrothe, in Star Wars: Destiny

Ehan/Erey

draw hold out blaster, hold out blaster, force speed planned explosion, riposte

play two hold out blasters one over the other then play force speed all on rey

roll rey and get 2-4 melee and +2 ranged sides on the hold out blaster and force speed comes up special resolve special.

roll han and get 4-6 ranged damage play planned explosion deal 10 damage play riposte to turn the 2 han shields from hold out blasters to deal 2 more damage

politely tell your opponent its his turn

Edited by amrothe

Welcome to magical Christmas land.

10 minutes ago, amrothe said:

Ehan/Erey

draw hold out blaster, hold out blaster, force speed planned explosion, riposte

play two hold out blasters one over the other then play force speed all on rey

roll rey and get 2-4 melee and +2 ranged sides on the hold out blaster and force speed comes up special resolve special.

roll han and get 4-6 ranged damage play planned explosion deal 10 damage play riposte to turn the 2 han shields from hold out blasters to deal 2 more damage

politely tell your opponent its his turn

The sad truth is in competitive tournament play, the base of this will most likely be a repeatable turn for ehan erey, with a single Holdout and a single force spped, and for the rest of the game the effect more potentially than not will be recycled for at least 2 turns, more if they get their bf.

The game isn't over, it isn't broken, but we all know how fun it is now to have that deck take 2-3 actions to your 1 already while giving han 1-2 shields per rotation. This will make it worse, but I'm sure there will be some measure of balance.

It just won't be much fun to play against in that specific scenario. In other non rey decks, it's just a really good card, nothing game disorienting as is with ehan erey.

Edited by Rebeltrooper

I don't mind them taking all those actions, because the one I take usually is enough to compensate for their 3+.

I was the victim of worse.

I had Kylo, Storm Trooper, Raider.

He had ePoe/Finn. Thermal Detonator x2 and Scavenge in his hand.

Round 1 Poe rolls 2 Special. Drops both Thermals. Finn adds 2 damage to Kylo. Plays scavenge and reclaims 1 Detonator. Claims the battlefield.

Round 2 Poe rolls another special and drops the Detonator killing my entire squad.

Considering the fact that ePoe / Finn is 31 points, I'd say you got cheated.