Will Hero's ever get a 7 point character?

By Mace Windu, in Star Wars: Destiny

With the revelation of Maz having an elite cost of 11 and Rey's Elite cost of 12, were they to print a 7 point Hero character you would be able to have a 5 die starting team.

Bearing in mind that both Maz and Rey have weakish dice it may not be an issue, however on the other hand both Maz and Rey having excellent action economy abilities it might be an issue.

not having a 7 point option does limit squad options when needing a filler character for heros's but will this further prevent a 7 point character being printed?

I'm keen to see what other think

121-salvo.png

I am not too sure, but as three man teams gets more and more likely I see cards like this become better and just as likely.

I think a 7pt Hero is very viable. Farm boy Luke could be a good candidate. Rebel soldiers (without Guardian), Clone Troopers (generic), and Ewoks could all justify low costs.

Generic (i.e. NOT Jar-Jar) Gungan Warrior!!

5 dice lists are inevitable, unless they never print another Villain Elite under 13 points, and I'd say it's quite possible we get it in SoR. So I don't think there's really anything that will prevent them releasing a 7 coster for Heroes.

eKrennic/eBala-tik is like having 5 dice if you control the battlefield. I'd say its possible.

14 hours ago, Mace Windu said:

Bearing in mind that both Maz and Rey have weakish dice it may not be an issue, however on the other hand both Maz and Rey having excellent action economy abilities it might be an issue.

Taking a lot of actions very quickly to do very little won't make for a great deck. I think it'd be fine.

low cost characters to squeeze in 5 dice = very, very squishy characters. Game over in 3-4 turns (if you are lucky).

I think they are equating health to the cost of the characters + their ability.

7 point characters for sure, I bet we will see 6 point ones too, ewoks should be 6, maybe 5 health(1/1/+1/dis/res/-) with an ambush like ability, allowing you to roll them all out at once, of course it needs to be play tested, perhaps thats too powerful/weak, or maybe a generic youngling for 6/or slave Anakin for 7/10, Jawa could be 6 too for Villian

Edited by kenpeterson3
4 hours ago, kenpeterson3 said:

7 point characters for sure, I bet we will see 6 point ones too, ewoks should be 6, maybe 5 health(1/1/+1/dis/res/-) with an ambush like ability, allowing you to roll them all out at once, of course it needs to be play tested, perhaps thats too powerful/weak, or maybe a generic youngling for 6/or slave Anakin for 7/10, Jawa could be 6 too for Villian

The designer has already said he doesn't want to go below 7 as it will slow the game down if players have too many characters to activate.

I'd be surprised if we do not see a 7 point character for Heroes this time around. I still like my idea of "Lothal Rebel".

I think we will definitely see a 7 cost Hero generic (Ewoks, and they might be expensive at 7) and a 5 dice character team is definitely coming.

I do think that all the 7 point characters are likely to have 2 blanks on their dice.

3 hours ago, ScottieATF said:

The designer has already said he doesn't want to go below 7 as it will slow the game down if players have too many characters to activate.

plans change, If the characters were ewoks and jawas and they had some way to activate together that would solve the issue, but this is not anything I would expect to see for years, but if the game lasts the time may come, of course younglings/jawa/ewoks could be 7pts too, or even uniques that are like 7/9

Do you think Villains will ever see an elite character with a cost of 12 (or a second one with a cost of 11)?

if they do, Villains will have a 5 dice list.