New spoilers!

By scoddyboy, in Star Wars: Destiny

New spoilers up on FFG main page.

I knew they would make Chewbacca a legendary card. Hope I have better luck finding him then I did han. Some of those yellow events are gonna impact strongly on the game.

Legendary Chewie and his Legenday Bowcaster?

May the pulls be with you.

I'm a little let down by Chewbacca...man that special ability on him is underwhelming. You've got to know when to use it.

I like all the other stuff revealed in the story, though. The Bowcaster is expensive but strong and I Love that Lone Operative has REUSABLE healing! That's cool!

I'm wondering if we'll see a cycle of legendary characters with their weapons / upgrades. So far we have Chewie and Palpatine.

You can play a 3 character Unique Deck.

Maz/Chewie/Rey

OR swap out Padme for Rey but Rey is way more thematic!

I like chewie, 4 damage sides. But did I really see an event that can do 10 damage! What!

Maz looks very good to me, give her some upgrade with disrupt, and you can really make opponent poor and sad. So many posibilities

It's a shame that Chewie isn't a guardian. Missed the mark thematically there.

His special will be great in some circumstances. If opponent plays a lot of +damage dice, you can time it to hit them without getting hit back. With Reversal could easily time a double-hit off an opponent's die.

I think a Yellow tank/heal character w/ Obi-Wan will be a deck. Let Obi soak hits until you've got the Second Chance/Lone Op setup. Once Obi dies you get a free OWtF. Seems like a decent design around one character.

26 minutes ago, gokubb said:

It's a shame that Chewie isn't a guardian. Missed the mark thematically there.

His special will be great in some circumstances. If opponent plays a lot of +damage dice, you can time it to hit them without getting hit back. With Reversal could easily time a double-hit off an opponent's die.

I think a Yellow tank/heal character w/ Obi-Wan will be a deck. Let Obi soak hits until you've got the Second Chance/Lone Op setup. Once Obi dies you get a free OWtF. Seems like a decent design around one character.

Agreed! Turn dice to modified sides when previously on base sides and u get to do the damage! It's bonkers

Edited by DarthBlade
49 minutes ago, Redblock said:

Maz looks very good to me, give her some upgrade with disrupt, and you can really make opponent poor and sad. So many posibilities

I think cheap, efficient beaters / support characters are going to be meta defining moving forward.

4 minutes ago, WonderWAAAGH said:

I think cheap, efficient beaters / support characters are going to be meta defining moving forward.

Truth.

I firmly believe that Bala-Tik is the best character in the game, but having seen these spoilers, I think Maz is going to take the title from him. She is INSANE. Like...if you don't understand why Maz Kanata is absurdly good...well...listen...she's absurdly good. Like, wow. WOW.

eMaz + ePoe :) I did not believe they´d make a BETTER good Bala-Tik, but definetly not complaining as a hero player first. At least until Dengar shows.

The events are all awkward, but Lone Operative is a good alternative to Second Chance. Lovely having a heal to pitch for Poes special on top of Thermal Detonator and whatnot.

Chewie stepped right into that annoying spot of looking for a 2 dice 14 cost running mate and being stuck with Ackbar and Padme. I really hope Cassian Andor is something like 10/14 or heroes are stuck with the "Bruiser & Scrawny Sidekick" setup again.

The battleground is bonkers. So good.

What's interesting is just needing 10 value showing, regardless of if you needed to pay for any of those values. Being able to flip potentially costed values for straight up damage is ridiculously good.

4 hours ago, WonderWAAAGH said:

I agree. As more characters release, we'll see more and more decks with one or more cheap characters so that more decks can hit exactly 30 and have four dice.

planned explosion in a han.rey deck will be amazing 2 +2 melee sides on rey 2 3 damage sides for 1 cost on han put out any upgrade with a 2 damage side roll really well bam first turn 10 damage.

Emaz/Epoe is the new amazing deck now

Even Emaz/EHan is looking good depending on what weapons we get.

4 hours ago, Scactha said:

The battleground is bonkers. So good.

I didn't see a battleground, what are you referring to.

24 minutes ago, Rebeltrooper said:

Click on the "Maz's Castle" hyperlink in the section about Maz :) (There are several cards that they have in the hyperlink pop-up that aren't on the main page)

If you have a Force Throw and a Chewie special showing, your opponent could be in for some serious pain! - I'll turn that blank to a three and hit you with it, then remove it and hit you with it again!

Edited by madday92
1 hour ago, Rebeltrooper said:

Click on some of the blue links and you'll see the battlefield.

swd04_mozs-castle.png

9 hours ago, Amanal said:

Click on some of the blue links and you'll see the battlefield.

swd04_mozs-castle.png

Wow. Don't like your hand? Claim, check out the top 2 cards. Don't like them? Put all your cards ON THE BOTTOM OF YOUR DECK. End of round, draw 5 more new cards. You're looking at possibly up to 7 cards off the top of your deck, without having to discard a single one.

It's a good place for smugglers to rest up and get refuelled

18 hours ago, madday92 said:

If you have a Force Throw and a Chewie special showing, your opponent could be in for some serious pain! - I'll turn that blank to a three and hit you with it, then remove it and hit you with it again!

So you're saying that the secret to winning battles it to teach Wookies to use the Force?

Sounds pretty scary. Seems legit.

That lone operative, while I get it's a card that helps when your down a character, I hate heal effects. I already don't like Sheild decks, heal hurts even more. I do so much to lay some damage and you just heal it. Dam. I hope this is the only heal card we see

I want more heal effects, to many ways to get a luck roll of upwards 9 damage, like to have some way to come back from that