The Denizen Deck

By Earl Wynn, in Talisman Home Brews

I am of the opinion that the Denizen Deck (which was introduced with Cataclysm) could be more fun if it were expanded and utilized more across all of the boards. As such, I've started making new Denizens to add to my deck using the Talisman plug-in for Strange Eons 3. I'll post a couple of them here, and I invite anyone to discuss or create or suggest their own new Denizens for Talisman.

Astrologer-Front-Face.png

Philosopher-Front-Face.png

How's this project coming along? I felt inspired earlier so I put together a few new Denizens of my own.

pTgZm8b.jpg SxUACBW.jpg dJVAfoV.jpg j9CAMdw.jpg ai2Pj8j.jpg H7GzSGO.jpg

Those are pretty awesome! I like 'em!

Myself, I've been so absorbed in finishing "The Shimmering Isles" (Pirate board and cards) working to have everything tied together and off to Jon at Talisman Island sometime next week, that I haven't done much work on the Denizens. I've got a whole list of card titles waiting for game text, but that's about it. It'll be one of the next things I tackle. :)

Oh, and I made this one, for the lolz:

Khajit-Front-Face.png

2 hours ago, Earl Wynn said:

Those are pretty awesome! I like 'em!

Myself, I've been so absorbed in finishing "The Shimmering Isles" (Pirate board and cards) working to have everything tied together and off to Jon at Talisman Island sometime next week, that I haven't done much work on the Denizens. I've got a whole list of card titles waiting for game text, but that's about it. It'll be one of the next things I tackle. :)

Oh, and I made this one, for the lolz:

Wow, you worked quickly on that island-theme set if you're going to have it done in a week. Over the weekend, I was mainly fleshing out some of my secondary projects since I didn't bring along all the files I needed to finish up my main current project. But some of those secondary ideas included a handful of ideas for some Oceanic themed Adventure Cards. Mines more Australian / Polynesian in its influences than I'm guessing yours is (from the few things I've seen you say about it, I'm guessing has more in common with Pirates of the Caribbean than Moana). But there are a few ideas that may overlap. If you're interested I can do some rough draft of the bits I think that are relevant and send them your way.

Also your Khajit inspired me. May end up recycling this idea for my Asian-themed region, since M'aiq would make a great Rakshasa.

MyGAYVa.jpg

Eh, week and a half of sustained work on the project, that's it. I had a break between work projects and so I went full-throttle. Plus, I had some of the mechanics plotted out already. I'll post the board when it's done, but I basically went with a dynamic inspired by the Timescape, except, instead of moving along warp lines, you move along colored Trade Routes. It is mostly pirate-themed, so I'd love to see some stuff that's more Australian / Polynesian.