Chaos - Dark Elf Mix

By lord nekrah, in Warhammer Invasion Deck Building

I decided to make new topic for this deck, as I don't see this one following anymore ''sniping'' theme or at least it has gone to sidetracks. So here it is for all your pleasure followers of dark gods !

Supports: (13)
3x Warpstone excavation
2x Cauldron of Blood
3x Shrine to Nurgle
3x Alliance
2x Warpstone Meteor

Tactics: (15)
3x Nurgle’s Pestilence
3x Blood for the Blood God
3x Seduced by Darkness
3x We need your blood
3x Call of the Blood

Units: (25)
2x Chosen of Tzeentch
2x Bule, Lord of Puss
3x Vile Sorceress
3x Chaos Knights
3x Cold one Riders
3x Morathi’s Pegasus
3x Savage Marauders
3x Festering Nurglings

I've had quite good success against dwarves and orc blitz ('round 5 games and won all except one) but there's still much fiddling, nurglings and we need your blood are the cards which capture my attention now, should I take them both off/replace them with something ?

Sneak a Malus dark blade in there, he PUNISHES those that don;t block if you have call of blood in your hand. Actully the tatic I question is blood for the godl God. Csan be powerfull, but order has lots of units with more hit points then power, you end up needing another card for the kill anyways. It works great oin a pure chaos deck, but perhaps too reduntend in this one. Also with so much corruption potenial, darkriders are a good buy, nice and tough, and most of the time they will be worth 2 hammers. Better then the pegasus IMO even though peg is cheaper. Nugrlings are just alround handy. Less usefull early, but heck, they are a unit with a hammer, they can do good in any zone, late in the game at the right time in the battlefield, they can be deadly, plus they ensure the darkriders you are putting in your deck are always topped up ;) . Its the Cold one knights I am iffy one. Counterstrick good vs orc rushes, and vs a lot of chaos stuff, but not do hot vs empire or dwarves, which are going to be more of your problem races.

I like your unit to other ratio, a little above 1/2 not bad, I shoot for about 60% units so I know I am getting one or two on a 3 card draw, the min I shoot for, overall I like the deck.

I question Morgathies pegs. I really question what they bring the deck.

They're there against orcs, they have to spend three resources in order to cancel her toughness out and if they don't cancel it she drains damage off from my capital, so it's win/win situation, against other decks she is not so useful - but my main problem making decks is always ''how I can survive those 4-5 turns against orcs ?''.

By the way, removed two warpstone meteors and added two flames of tzeentch

Good for dropper the meteors, they MIGHT work in a cheaper, more pure chaos deck, I feel they bring little to the snipper deck.

I would NOT bring in more snippering tactics though, you have plenty of those types of cards, single unit removal cards you have plenty off, I would even consider trimming them down a little. Where are the nurgle sorcs? They are MONNEY for killing the orc speed decks, pricy, but if you can trim down either his draw or his gathering, you can do alright. I understand the toughness issue, but I am just not sold on the pegs....

I will post my snipper deck here a bit latter, its very effective I find, its a little different though. I like cloud of flies is also monney verses the rush decks. Through it one bloodsworn or Val the bloody, and they never die. I do not think your snipping options are as strong as mine are, and I think that is key against the rush. Forget the cauldrens, they are two slow, they only protect the kingdom, and only kill off on guy, if he is a one hit wonder. I might find a home for them when the druchii come out in full force, but for now, they boil and bubble in my game box. They slow you down, and do not help enough. Can be kind of cool if combined wityh shrine of nurgle, but I just do not see it getting set up in timer to matter.

Well, I think the meteors are good... 2 power for 3 resource, and it's "backlash" could be easily avoided in a skavenless chaos deck. And you need speed.

I would rather some "Blood for the Blood God" for "Flames of Tzeentch". I think it's very limiting to target only units in the battlefield.

Maybe Poison Wind Globadiers could help against orcs a little... just place them in the BF, and they could snipe down Spider Raiders, no matter where they attack to. Could work as a Counterstrike 1 in all of your zones. :)

Also consider the "Wolwes" quest, which lets you strike faster.