Slight hope? - Battlelore mentioned at GAMA Trade show

By jonboyjon1990, in BattleLore

Now, I can understand all the reasons in the world, but it'd be nice if such units were offered for example via a KS campaign. Like "if we reach [$$$$], in one year from now you'll have the two missing boxes". In this way they risk nothing, and will make fans happy.

I don't see FFG doing a KS, really wish they would but I'm not feeling optimistic.

Someone else could KS some compatible minis, that would be fine with me.

Just one more spot of evidence on BL not being entirely dead:

I recently bought an FFG game, and in it was a booklet that advertised alot of their games. Among those game advertised was BattleLore 2ed.

I guess they're still kind of advertising it?

I recently bought an FFG game, and in it was a booklet that advertised alot of their games. Among those game advertised was BattleLore 2ed.

Edited by bottercot
Sorry is there a way to delete posts, because I accidentally posted the same thing twice.
11 hours ago, bottercot said:

How old was the FFG game? The catalog included would only be current for the release date of that game. If you bought a game that is a year old or more, then it isn't surprising that BattleLore was still being advertised.

BattleLore really is a great game, though. The more I play it, the more it's starting to push the old Runewars board game out of it's position as my #1 favorite tabletop game. But alas, the lack of elves will mean it is always and almost-favorite. Why limit myself to 3 factions when both Runewars games (and Rune Age) let me experience all 4 main Terrinoth factions?

On 01/08/2017 at 7:24 PM, mulletcheese said:

I don't see FFG doing a KS, really wish they would but I'm not feeling optimistic.

Someone else could KS some compatible minis, that would be fine with me.

If you snooze you lose. Battlelore has been put to sleep for a while now and there is a new game on Kickstarter that seems like an enhanced version of the game (Joan of arc). As much as I want FFG to continue battlelore (with elves) the game won't get played nearly enough if other games continue to evolve while battlelore remains stale.

I think I'd be wanting a 3rd edition, which ties in to runewars TMG better, or a campaign expansion to help save battlelore.

23 hours ago, mulletcheese said:

I think I'd be wanting a 3rd edition, which ties in to runewars TMG better, or a campaign expansion to help save battlelore.

Uhm, I don't know... the game itself is good, i don't feel a new edition is needed, there's really nothing to fix here. What the game needs imho is more variance, so another faction (or three... ok, that's too much to ask, but a guy can dream :P ) and a multiplayer variant for three or four players. Maybe heroes or some neutrals.

But a 3rd edition would imply a revised version of the rules, and frankly for me that would be too much. Not to mention that I'd have to put aside what I bought so far, 'cause it's usually not compatible.

Edited by Fingolfin80

They could reskin it in the L5R IP

14 hours ago, Julia said:

They could reskin it in the L5R IP

Thats's indeed a possibility, and probably the end result would be more interesting than battle of westeros because Battlelore Second Edition has better rules (imho) and the fictional world seems wide enough to allow very different factions. Nonetheless, Battlelore players who decided to jump to the reskinned version would put aside their Terrinoth armies, and I don't see it as a desirable ending.

10 hours ago, Fingolfin80 said:

Thats's indeed a possibility, and probably the end result would be more interesting than battle of westeros because Battlelore Second Edition has better rules (imho) and the fictional world seems wide enough to allow very different factions. Nonetheless, Battlelore players who decided to jump to the reskinned version would put aside their Terrinoth armies, and I don't see it as a desirable ending.

I can get that, but if the engine is compatible (as in combat decks) you could actually have samurai armies fighting the Uthuk hordes.

Let's make some speculations. At the moment we have the following bigger IPs:

- Star Wars: 3 miniature games here, so they are set
- Terrinoth: 1 miniature game there (RWars: TMG) & the old BattleLore
- Westeros: no miniature game present here, but with C'mon releasing their own, it'd make no sense pushing here
- L5Rings: they own the mark, and they are pushing it (see the rivolutionized frequence distribution for the LCG, and the new game announced a few weeks ago, and for sure there'll be more coming)

So, going on something with minis in Rokugan could be quite the logical next step

The game I bought was Star Wars: Rebellion.

On 25/10/2017 at 8:47 PM, Julia said:

I can get that, but if the engine is compatible (as in combat decks) you could actually have samurai armies fighting the Uthuk hordes.

Let's make some speculations. At the moment we have the following bigger IPs:

- Star Wars: 3 miniature games here, so they are set
- Terrinoth: 1 miniature game there (RWars: TMG) & the old BattleLore
- Westeros: no miniature game present here, but with C'mon releasing their own, it'd make no sense pushing here
- L5Rings: they own the mark, and they are pushing it (see the rivolutionized frequence distribution for the LCG, and the new game announced a few weeks ago, and for sure there'll be more coming)

So, going on something with minis in Rokugan could be quite the logical next step

Yes, I agree with your assumptions, it's only that I don't find this course of events particullary satisfing. That said, there are other systems for games with minis in FFG catalogue they could prefer to Battlelore for a Rokugan game, like RuneWars TMG or one of the Star Wars games, so a reskin is an option but not necessarily the most likely one. I fully agree that a L5Rings game with minis will eventually come out, though.

22 hours ago, bottercot said:

The game I bought was Star Wars: Rebellion.

Well, I'm not sure when this was printed, but it'is not that old I would say.

Edited by Fingolfin80

If I were FFG, I would a new miniatures game for L5R rather than put it in the C&C system. FFG have basically killed BattleLore 3 times now while leaving the player base unsatisfied. If they want to start another one, they have to show they can finish the system by giving us the Latari. If they don't, you could expect to see Lion, Crab, and maybe Unicorn, but none of the other clans. If they don't release elves, then the L5R miniatures-like game better be something new.

Edited by Budgernaut

BL for $20 in the holiday sale.

Can't be good, can it?

For the second year in a row. So flippin' dead.

were can I order the missing units? FFG page direct or were do I find this Holiday sale?

And that BL2 is not more supported isn't surprising or new at all. Still a very cool game...

2 hours ago, phalgast said:

were can I order the missing units? FFG page direct or were do I find this Holiday sale?

And that BL2 is not more supported isn't surprising or new at all. Still a very cool game...

I'm not sure which units you are referring to, but as for the holiday sale, there should be a link when you go to the FFG home page.

On 13/11/2017 at 10:53 AM, phalgast said:

And that BL2 is not more supported isn't surprising or new at all.

Yes, but still an official word on that would be welcome. The lack of communication about the future of the game is not something I appreciate. I know it's more or less a standard for FFG, but I think that people who invested in the game should be notified when is industrial lifecycle is over. I will keep playing, of course, but at least I would stop waiting for Godot.

On 20/10/2017 at 8:45 PM, bottercot said:

I just got a game, streets of arkham, which Was Just Released. Battlelore Was Not In The Catalogue.

Battles Of Westeros Was In The Catalogue, And Thats Deader Than Battlelore.

What a shame.