Dropped Product Line?!

By Magnus005, in Talisman

Are you no longer carrying Talisman and its accessories? I do not see it on your list of products and when a GOOGLE search did direct me to your page, I do not see any products to go with it. When was this decided and who's carrying it now? I have your core game and Blood Moon, but what happens now?

FFG no longer has the licence to make or sell Talisman.

Some copies can be found in stores I'm sure, but once those are gone, this edition will be available only through secondary market.

Games Workshop, the owner of Talisman, announced a few weeks ago that they will be releasing 5th edition of Talisman sometime near the end of this year. No additional details were provided.

I'm right there with you. I only discovered that Talisman had expansions last year. I didn't expect them to lose the license, and figured I had time to gather them all slowly. Turns out not so much, and now I'm scrambling to get them all at a reasonable pace before they get too expensive. It sucks, but it is what it is.

Too late, the Woodlands is already at $169 on Amazon, all private resellers and the Highlands are at $213! So much for sure and steady!

Look around on boardgamegeek.com and ebay, you'll find much better pricing. Amazon is marked up at least $40-50 over those. You may be able to find another couple of second-hand e-retailers that I can't think of right now, but definitely don't restrict yourself to Amazon. It's still going to be pricey, but those two sites at least have more reasonable pricing.

I highly recommend board game hobbyists follow BGG or some other board game news outlet to see such coming, as this is old news now.

Sad!

Was going to get the game for my nephews (and myself :-)

But even if second hand prices will be expensive, it will probably be cheaper than the stuff GW will release ?

You can occasionally find cheap collections for sale in Facebook groups.

A quick search, and found 3 things at about normal prices: base game, Cataclysm, and Harbinger.

A store in green bay Wisconsin has a few small box expansions and a couple big ones..Dragon and cataclysm on the shelf as of today.

Maybe someone looking can order them shipped.

It's called gnome games east.

On 3/28/2017 at 11:41 AM, Velvetelvis said:

A store in green bay Wisconsin has a few small box expansions and a couple big ones..Dragon and cataclysm on the shelf as of today.

Maybe someone looking can order them shipped.

It's called gnome games east.

Hey I live in Green Bay! We should play Talisman or other games sometime!