Worlds 2017

By CaribbeanNinja, in Star Wars: Armada

Did not pull trigger fast enough. Won't be going.

7 minutes ago, Undeadguy said:

Indeed! Oddly enough, the flights to Cancun are cheaper than they are to Minneapolis.

There's a reason. If they tell you to "take another bag with you" Do as they say and don't look nervous. A man will meet you back in the states to retrieve it from you.

The switch in timelines has dropped Worlds right at the beginning of Finals week for me....FOR THE LAST TIME. (Definitely NOT excited about finally graduating....)

Get em' good CNinja! Sorry I won't be there to lose to you again....heh

13 minutes ago, Church14 said:

Did not pull trigger fast enough. Won't be going.

There still may be some tickets left as some people won't purchase in time, I currently see that some XWing tickets are available after being fully sold out.

EDIT: Not anymore

Edited by pt106
14 minutes ago, Undeadguy said:

Indeed! Oddly enough, the flights to Cancun are cheaper than they are to Minneapolis.

Cheaper than $144?

15 minutes ago, NobodyInParticular said:

How many tickets were there?

That information was never published by FFG./

I'll be there again! This year for a better showing!

Just now, Caldias said:

Cheaper than $144?

No. They were $144 for that 1 day and then they were $350 the next time I looked and slowly trickling down.

FFG OP just formally announced on Facebook that Destiny and Armada are Sold Out.

2 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

FFG OP just formally announced on Facebook that Destiny and Armada are Sold Out.

Interesting that Armada sold out before XWing. I didn't expect that.

I mean, I'm sure # of ticket Disparity is a factor in that... But you'd even think, if there was 4x as many Tickets for X-Wing as there is Armada, you'd still expect there to be 4x the Popularity for X-Wing and thus, sell out just as, if not as quickly...

1 hour ago, Drasnighta said:

Days like this are more disappointing than a damaged Hyperdrive Motivator.

11 minutes ago, Card Knight said:

The switch in timelines has dropped Worlds right at the beginning of Finals week for me....FOR THE LAST TIME. (Definitely NOT excited about finally graduating....)

Get em' good CNinja! Sorry I won't be there to lose to you again....heh

1 hour ago, Snipafist said:

I'm hoping to be there next year or so. Too many real-life expenses this year for me to justify dropping a few hundred on plastic spaceships, sorry :( . Good luck to those of you who are going, though!

28 minutes ago, Undeadguy said:

Turns out I'm going to Cancun at the end of May so I'm not going to Worlds this year.

Next year though.

Hopefully.

I want to "like" and "UNLIKE" all of your posts. You will be missed. Many beers and ships will be destroyed in your honor.

Unfortunately, there's no way I'm going to be able to attend Worlds for at least the next 4 years at this juncture. Until at least, they sort out the Visa Waiver Program and Electronic Transit Safety Crap.

I'm in.

15 minutes ago, CaribbeanNinja said:

I want to "like" and "UNLIKE" all of your posts. You will be missed. Many beers and ships will be destroyed in your honor.

Yeah it would be great to meet some of you guys, have a tasty brunch, go out for drinks, have a few laughs about plastic spaceships, etc. Unfortunately it's not to be for me this year. I hold out hope for eventually, though!

21 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

Unfortunately, there's no way I'm going to be able to attend Worlds for at least the next 4 years at this juncture. Until at least, they sort out the Visa Waiver Program and Electronic Transit Safety Crap.

You can't get a Canadian Passport and just hop on over the border? There must be an easier way on your side than trying to go through the US system.

I'll be there. I just wish Armada was later in the week. Oh well.

2 minutes ago, Undeadguy said:

You can't get a Canadian Passport and just hop on over the border? There must be an easier way on your side than trying to go through the US system.

Dras is an Australian spy who got caught in the US and is therefore now living in Canada.

7 minutes ago, Undeadguy said:

You'd think.

But apart from the fact I don't qualify for a Canadian Passport (as I am a Resident only), there should basically be little difference between travelling on the Australian, or Travelling on the Canadian - neither require a Visa - Canadian simply because there is no actual legal requirement, and Australian, because the Visa Waiver Program should just work and go. In either case, you need to have sorted the Electronic Certificate for Travel Safety as a requirement to Enter the United States - irrespective of where you are coming from, unless you are a US Citizen.

My problem comes from raising red flags when I go to get that certificate. because the clauses and securities I would previously use (they were just a hassel to deal with), no longer exist.

So I can risk travel. But its risking travel, where the die rolls can land on "deportation with exclusion on returning"...

And we know what my luck is like.

My confidence is also shot by recently, Canadian Citizen Passport Holders are being detained at the Border and being sent away because they don't have Valid Visas.

Despite the fact that the Department of State specifically mentions that Canadian Citizens do not require any Visa for Business or Pleasure unless the Business is Treaty Related, effectively.

Edited by Drasnighta

I'm in.

Can any MN residents offer room and board to a fellow Armada gamer?

I don't snore and your mother will love me!

2 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

You'd think.

But apart from the fact I don't qualify for a Canadian Passport (as I am a Resident only), there should basically be little difference between travelling on the Australian, or Travelling on the Canadian - neither require a Visa - Canadian simply because there is no actual legal requirement, and Australian, because the Visa Waiver Program should just work and go. In either case, you need to have sorted the Electronic Certificate for Travel Safety as a requirement to Enter the United States - irrespective of where you are coming from, unless you are a US Citizen.

My problem comes from raising red flags when I go to get that certificate. because the clauses and securities I would previously use (they were just a hassel to deal with), no longer exist.

So I can risk travel. But its risking travel, where the die rolls can land on "deportation with exclusion on returning"...

And we know what my luck is like.

Go hit up the Australian Embassy and ask them to work it out for you. Exhaust all the options before bootlegging it over to Worlds.

Just now, Warlord Zepnick said:

Can any MN residents offer room and board to a fellow Armada gamer?

I don't snore and your mother will love me!

I was looking at AirBnB and I found some rooms at $50 a night fairly close to the game center.

Just now, Undeadguy said:

Go hit up the Australian Embassy and ask them to work it out for you. Exhaust all the options before bootlegging it over to Worlds.

Already done that. Constant communication.

Half the reason I am as despondent about the situation as I am, is the fact that they actually contacted me to let me know the program that was used for me was cancelled via Executive Order.

5 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

I understand that this is an offtopic and apologize for that but can you just opt in and get a visa? At least most issues would be dealt with in consulate as opposed to the border itself?