L5R card database

By muzouka, in Legend of the Five Rings: The Card Game

Anyone know where I can find a copy of the card database? I still use l5r companion for legacy deckbuilding ideas but I had to reset my phone and couldn't find it again. Downloading using the app doesn't work.

iirc the l5rmodern forum has in imagine pack from samurai to the end, but not the entire thing. i think someone who got it before the site went offline will have to hook you up with that

I'm also looking for the xml database for the cards.

If you download the Sun and Moon app, you get the entire database of every card. And it has a great deck builder and filters. AND if you want to play games on the app, you can do that, too.

Yes, database.xml is in sun and moon data/streaming assets/database folder.

Edited by kempy

Does Sun and Moon have any options for downloading image packs automatically?

7 minutes ago, muzouka said:

It's been awhile, but I don't think so. It does, however, take images directly from Oracle to view in the app... but it doesn't save the images.

21 minutes ago, muzouka said:

Sun and Moon server contains 99% of L5R images but whole system works this way if you use internal database.xml

1) SnM searches image on local drive, if it won't find it...

2) SnM searches SnM server for image, and download it to local folder, but...

3) ...if there's no image there, SnM tries to search Oracle of the Void for missing stuff.

If you turn off using local database (it's in options), SnM will skip point 2).

In other words if you have images on your drive everything is faster and you can view/deckbuild even offline. And it's much faster, becase in online mode SnM connects to Oracle and search online using webpage which sometimes is a bit clunky if you're looking for cards with many common stats.

Also i have to add that database.xml doesn't contain all cards (fe ther're missing nonbugged cards from both Siege expansions), and there're various errors i'm trying to correct from time to time and i'm sending it to Drew to update it. So, if you find any errors in internal database, please give me info.

Edited by kempy
3 hours ago, Sparks Duh said:

It's been awhile, but I don't think so. It does, however, take images directly from Oracle to view in the app... but it doesn't save the images.

It does. It automaticaly read card position in database.xml, then creates subfolder in cards/images/expansionacronym folder and download it ther with proper name expansionacronym00x.jpg. Only if card is absent in databae.xml it caches it in it's own temp folder somewhere on the disk.

Edited by kempy
3 hours ago, kempy said:

It does. It automaticaly read card position in database.xml, then creates subfolder in cards/images/expansionacronym folder and download it ther with proper name expansionacronym00x.jpg. Only if card is absent in databae.xml it caches it in it's own temp folder somewhere on the disk.

Yeah... I couldn't remember. I always just downloaded images to have locally.

Huh. Welp, now I feel foolish... I spent a very long time saving each jpg from Oracle, one at a time...

34 minutes ago, Ryoshun Higoka said:

Huh. Welp, now I feel foolish... I spent a very long time saving each jpg from Oracle, one at a time...

Don't worry. I did something like that some time ago before SnM got Oracle support. And because Jeff's (Kamisasori/Egg) page was missing many image packs i manually downloaded ca 15 of them (including huge base sets like Lotus or Diamond) for him to finish collection.

At some point of time Jeff deleted all image packs with older stuff (pre-Oracle) in really lower resolutions.

Finally i have now ca 3gb of sorted L5R card scans with backups at 2 external drives. :D

Edited by kempy

Do we know what the plan is for Oracle of the Void?

I like using it to look for art.

11 minutes ago, Mirith said:

Do we know what the plan is for Oracle of the Void?

I like using it to look for art.

The original Oracle of the Void will remain in place until the current owner decides he doesn't want to host it anymore.

Check

25 minutes ago, KalelXXIII said:

Check

???

Anyone know how to use the range search for Chi, Force or GC? Clicking them don't seem to do anything.

49 minutes ago, muzouka said:

Anyone know how to use the range search for Chi, Force or GC? Clicking them don't seem to do anything.

In Sun and Moon? Just click and drag over the number.

Thanks!

Btw, here's fresh site with all official expansions' card images to download. These archives are just best way to use Sun and Moon without Oracle interaction.

http://vutallindustries.com/l5rdatabases/

On 3/23/2017 at 10:43 AM, Kakita Shiro said:

The original Oracle of the Void will remain in place until the current owner decides he doesn't want to host it anymore.

Sorry for thread necromancy... but as said person, I'm working on redoing the oracle in cloud-based services. Once the move is complete I will have it set up in a cloud ecosystem that can readily transfer to something else if something were to happen to me (E.G. I plan on keeping it around forever, including passing it on if I am not around).

-Kiyoteru, Oracle of the Void