Recycling Program

By MrDudeguy, in Star Wars: Destiny

I wonder if the plastics used in making the dice are recyclable. I don't mean to throw them in a bin and let the trash companies deal with them. I mean specifically, can they be remade into new dice?

I look back at my old Magic: the Gathering collection and remember boxes upon boxes of cards that became obsolete as time went by, either from being cycled-out or by being replaced by better alternatives. I now look at my burgeoning Destiny collection and see a bag full of dice with the same fate in store for them. I look ahead a few years and see myself tripping and falling in my garage into a sea of multicolored plastic cubes, never to be seen again....

Wouldn't it be great if the dice could be shipped back to FFG for them to use in future print runs? Wouldn't it be great if they could save on materials cost by taking all of my Rey's Staff and BB-8 dice off my hands? Wouldn't it be great if my local game store had small envelopes with FFG's address pre-printed on them that held approximately 15-20 dice each? Wouldn't it be great if I could get a little bit of credit on FFG products for my trouble? Wouldn't it be great to be able to actually eat at the dinner table again, instead of having it covered in unwanted dice?

Fun fact, companies that adopt more sustainable practices are showing increased profits according to an MIT SMR report http://news.mit.edu/2013/companies-profit-from-embracing-sustainability

(incentive) :)

Another good way to recycle not only the dice but the cards as well could be for our Flgs's to run some kind of scheme where those of us who have managed to get hold of a lot of stock donate our unwanted extras, which we will probably accumulate lots of as time goes by, to the store to construct into decks to give out to people (or sell) in order to get new players into the game. For me the main concern is this game not lasting and therefore nullify my collection.

4 minutes ago, scoddyboy said:

Another good way to recycle not only the dice but the cards as well could be for our Flgs's to run some kind of scheme where those of us who have managed to get hold of a lot of stock donate our unwanted extras, which we will probably accumulate lots of as time goes by, to the store to construct into decks to give out to people (or sell) in order to get new players into the game. For me the main concern is this game not lasting and therefore nullify my collection.

Love this idea so much! I agree that it's important to grow the community despite supply issues. People who actually care about the future of this game can become a part of the solution.

That's what I think. It might take a couple more sets before individuals feel that they have enough surplus to donate to such a program. I might put the idea to my Flgs owner and see what he thinks.

I like this proposal

already have given away my coms and uncs I have 2+ off. But Now I am being destroyed by the very same people I have given it to.

This is a bad thing as they should not bite the hand that feeds :)