How often do you play?

By bikinilord, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

How often do you play? Not only Descent but all your games.

I play Descent about once a month. I wish I could play it more often, but the play-time of the game allows me to only play on saturdays, which is also the day of choice for birthdays and other planned activities..

We play D&D (4th ed.) on a weekly basis every Sunday. I've played AD&D (2nd ed.) for about 10 years. A few months back we jumped right to 4th ed. I like it a lot better, because I like the battles in D&D. It's more Descent-like now.

Then I play about once a week (monday or tuesday) games with a friend of mine. He has a huge collection, so he has a lot of games that I don't know yet. And then once per one or two months we play games at my place. I think that will become more regular as I am finally living on my own now.

next? ;)

I have Descent with its expansions but we tried to start playing it two times - man, its a huge time of preparation n it seems to me a little slow game. Am I right? So that's why we prefer shorter games like Ticket to Ride, Citadels n so. This is a little sad for me cause I really like long games but is difficult to play them more then ones in a couple of months. :(

beginning our first campaigns of descents took us lots of time to get through all the rules, setting up the board took us hours...but the more often you play the faster it gets. what does not mean a descent session lasts less then six hours. but i think the fun is worth the time.

right now we´re 3-4 players (we always play with four heroes) and right now we´re having a descent session about once or twice a week. it´s our 3rd rtl-campaign (and our OL really did a good job, so we didn´t finish a campaign yet)

this game is so very addictive to me, i could play it every day. real life sucks - i wanna play more! gui%C3%B1o.gif

I play about once every two week, but we are trying to get up to once a week.

I also play Legend of the Five Rings about once every two weeks, and then a scattering of other board games when I get the chance.

I haven't actually played ANY Descent since we finished up the last RTL campaign months ago when I, as the Beastman Lord, managed to sack Tamalir shortly after entering Silver level. I'm DYING to play but there's just no time.

As for boardgames in general, I usually get together with friends every other week from 1pm-??? and sometimes in between sessions. 5 days of gaming at BGGCon was awesome!

I play all sorts of boardgames every other week on alternating Mondays and Tuesdays. I also play D&D (3.5 Pathfinder) every other Saturday. Now I'm trying to get a Descent game going with some friends every other Thursday. Finally, I may join a board game meetup that meets every Monday. I have a ton of fun playing boardgames and like to play them all the time. Oh, and I play Descent with my 6 year old every now and again.

I only get to play once a month as well. However this last Thanksgiving I took my Brother-in-law through three dungeons in JitD. It got me really excited to play more. My Brother and I have plans to spend a good amount of Christmas Break playing RtL.

We are a group of 5 players, me included.

We play once every two week regularly with Descent w/ WoD and RtL. For me this is ok as I can tend to my family as well. happy.gif

not often enough...

I wish I played a lot more!

So far it has just been my brother and I who play. We live across the country from each other though, so we only play a few times a year... Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc. We've played 6 of the first 9 quests in JitD. (We played the stupid "Spoiled Brat" quest like 4 times trying to have the heroes win it.... never did)

We're going to start a RtL campaign this holiday, Santa pending. ;-)

I'm putting together a group of friends locally to play. I hope we can play once every month or two.

Good times

So I think the question must be - how more do u wanna play? ;)

I only get to play every other week (i.e. not enough). Yes, having to work for a living stinks, but what can you do? We actually scapped our RtL campaign because we don't get to nearly often enough to make it worthwhile. So we just play regular Descent (with all the other expansions) with different people taking turns being the overlord.

If I'm luck once a month. I moved farther away from my play buds. so we play a lot less. Use to play all types of games once a week.

most games we play are between Descent and T.I. 3rd.

We've been playing our first RTL campaign since July. We play about 3 times a month, and just last Sunday crossed the 600 point mark while in the "Valley of Souls". Can't wait for the final battle! By the way, just two players is a great way to play a campaign this long. It's not too hard to keep a regular schedule going when you only have to consider two.

As far as other gaming, The Dallas Games group meets once a week at Cafe Brazil from about 5 until midnight. We usually have 20+. We also do weekend marathons once a month at the downtown offices of one of the members. Believe it or not, we have played TI3 and StarCraft at Cafe Brazil!

TK

we play Descent Every week!

Really nice... we play every sunday, from 12 to 18, so yeah its a long game. We play campaign, and clear a dungeon and on occasion a overland encounter in that time: clear a dungeon = go thorugh all three levels/maps and the travel.

I used to play hero, but we got crushed just before silver level!

And then I got to be the Overlord for the first time, and that is SO much fun...we play the Binding the Sun campaign, ready to hit Silver tomorrow... I was getting quite in front of the players, but then they got quite lucky on the dungeons we pulled. And I tried to pick something ELSE than the blasted Skeletons in the Barracks(which really is the obvious choice, especially with upgraded Eldricht) - but I took some less effective, bronze monsters, and got my a*** handed to me, but it was interested to see - I digress

oh well it was about how often I play Descent(and other games) but Descent is once a week... can't wait till tomorrow - its silver time!

...Idless

Four of us have a weekly group that usually meets every Saturday (baring a few times a year near the holidays).

I go to a monthly game group session that has about 50-70 people show up.

Once a month, unless it conflicts with the monthly game group, we try to make it out to a FLGS for a day of gaming.

We attend 4 cons a year (an entire 4-day weekend of play): the 3 local Strategicons and then Boardgamegeek Con.

Unfortunately, that doesn't include Descent. It rarely hits the table since it takes a fairly long time to play and we have one or two people in our group that would rather play something else.

I track all my games played on BGG. It's neat to look back and see what/when we played a game: http://boardgamegeek.com/plays/bymonth/user/anarchy

I am the luckiest one to reply to this question thus far. I am in a group that meets every Tuesday after work, and we have played quite a bit of descent, but we've done a lot of Twilight Imperium, Starcraft, and Battlelore, and some Axis and Allies, Tide of Iron and Arkham Horror. The group has come into being over the last year, starting with my buddy Velos. Shout out!

We started a new campaign when ToI was released, but unfortunately, we haven't played beyond the first session because the damned holidays seem to take a player or two away each week. No matter, Vanilla Descent was fun two weeks ago and last week it was Tide of Iron, and that was enjoyable, too.

I also play Arkham Horror once or twice a week with my wife! It's the only one of the board games beyond the basics (not army men, etc.) that has appealed to her. We always have a good time battling the GOO's together. We actually posted a victory two nights ago against Yog-Sothoth by sealing gates. Unfortunately, one of the two characters she was playing, Jenny Barnes, was devoured when she was lost in Time and Space as she was traveling through an Other World to do the final seal. Prolonged the tension for another 25 minutes. But we kept the ancient ones out of Arkham for another day.

So my answer, fortunately, is 2 to 3 times a week.

We play HeroQuest (MB version, which I re-made) every opther week. My descent group meets once every month or two. The g/f and I play a two-player game of something (often Race for the Galaxy) at least once a week, often more. Then of couse, there's Summer StabCon, Winter StabCon, games at our FLGS (including the NYE all-nighter).