Kanan As SoR Character Quasi-Spoiled

By dpb1298, in Star Wars: Destiny

6 hours ago, Mep said:

It was business. Cartoon network had the rights to clone wars, Disney has their own TV channels. That and they clearly are running away from anything prequelish.

Quite the opposite my friend, if you look at the Canon material you will see that they are connecting a lot of prequel material. Not as much as I would like but they aren't "running "from anything quite the opposite my friend, if you look at the Canon material you will see that they are connecting a lot a prequel material. Not as much as I would like but is there they aren't "running "from anything

Edited by JediGeekGirl
6 hours ago, Mep said:

It was business. Cartoon network had the rights to clone wars, Disney has their own TV channels. That and they clearly are running away from anything prequelish.

14 minutes ago, JediGeekGirl said:

Quite the opposite my friend, if you look at the Canon material you will see that they are connecting a lot of prequel material. Not as much as I would like but they aren't "running "from anything quite the opposite my friend, if you look at the Canon material you will see that they are connecting a lot a prequel material. Not as much as I would like but is there they aren't "running "from anything

Exactly what JediGeekGirl said. Marvel has done many prequel comics (and they are all canon) and Del Rey is constantly referring to and using the prequels in the canon books. Disney decided day one that the movies and Clone Wars are canon and everything else (and this wasn't news or a change) are just fun stories. Disney has embraced the prequels in both tone and style. Rogue One's first half LOOKS like Episode 3. Rebels is filled with prequel references, characters, and vehicles.

I think many fans need to realize Disney has no problems with Episodes 1-3. Just because certain people may not care for these movies does not mean that Disney and MILLIONS of fans adore them.

Edited by Stone37

They said they were turning away from the prequels when making TFA. Non cgi effects when they can, modeling everything after the first trilogy in both tone and style. Rogue One is stylized after EP4 and to some extent, the old Dark Forces video game. I didn't see much of EP3 in it. I did see a lot of the original trilogy in EP3 though.

Now they aren't running away from the Clone Wars cartoon, especially in the context of Rebels, since Rebels is really a continuation of the Clone Wars. However they stopped Clone Wars and changed it to a original trilogy era cartoon because they don't feel fans like the prequels all the much. They need to make their money back. Yes the prequels are cannon so why wouldn't they reference them in passing in parts of the books? Making major media products based on the prequels right now? Hell no. Maybe, some day, after testing the market with cheap comics and a few books. They could have always bought out the contract and moved Clone Wars over to Disney XD. They didn't because of them wanting to produce only original trilogy like content for now.

The OT period is safe. Seriously, from a business perspective (instead of a fan perspective), why wouldn't they focus on the most popular era when they first take over?

It's like the EU stuff - people cry and ***** about how Disney hates the EU. Or....They just want to reboot, take stock, and reintroduce the things that work while cutting the copious amount of crap.

I don't know, maybe it's just because I'm used to this sort of thing from comic books (re: every time DC decides to have a Crisis)

1 hour ago, Mep said:

They said they were turning away from the prequels when making TFA. Non cgi effects when they can, modeling everything after the first trilogy in both tone and style. Rogue One is stylized after EP4 and to some extent, the old Dark Forces video game. I didn't see much of EP3 in it. I did see a lot of the original trilogy in EP3 though.

Now they aren't running away from the Clone Wars cartoon, especially in the context of Rebels, since Rebels is really a continuation of the Clone Wars. However they stopped Clone Wars and changed it to a original trilogy era cartoon because they don't feel fans like the prequels all the much. They need to make their money back. Yes the prequels are cannon so why wouldn't they reference them in passing in parts of the books? Making major media products based on the prequels right now? Hell no. Maybe, some day, after testing the market with cheap comics and a few books. They could have always bought out the contract and moved Clone Wars over to Disney XD. They didn't because of them wanting to produce only original trilogy like content for now.

That was a marketing plore, TFA contains more special effect then the prequels if not more combined.

There is practical effects and cgi effects. This includes cgi characters. The prequels used cgi for all the clone troopers and multiple cgi characters. Sure, TFA had its share of cgi effects, but no where close to any of the prequels and certainly not all of them combined.

4 hours ago, Mep said:

There is practical effects and cgi effects. This includes cgi characters. The prequels used cgi for all the clone troopers and multiple cgi characters. Sure, TFA had its share of cgi effects, but no where close to any of the prequels and certainly not all of them combined.

TPM has more practical effects then TFA.....It's all PA to "please the critics"

Yeah, I'm not sure TPM had all that much practical effects. Not in the pod race, or the water journey or the space battles or the gungans, or corcescant or really anything other than the droids. All the sets were heavily green screened. They tried to have a puppet Yoda again, and even that had to get CGI outed. TFA didn't have too many CGI characters. They opted for actual costumes instead.

6 hours ago, Mep said:

Yeah, I'm not sure TPM had all that much practical effects. Not in the pod race, or the water journey or the space battles or the gungans, or corcescant or really anything other than the droids. All the sets were heavily green screened. They tried to have a puppet Yoda again, and even that had to get CGI outed. TFA didn't have too many CGI characters. They opted for actual costumes instead.

http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-prequels-miniatures/

http://makezine.com/2015/10/07/the-surprising-practical-effects-of-the-star-wars-prequels/

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/practical-effects-in-the-prequels-sets-pictures-models-etc.50017310/

Also FOR THE RECORD, Jar Jar was supposed to be practical and there are still scenes in TPM where he is. If you go look at the facts, you will see this. It was a choice by Lucasfilm to put that message out there to please the "omg the special effects were too much" people. Lucas broke ground with the prequels, just like he did with the OT, that still are being used today by the film studios. The reason why people think there are less practical effects then they actually are is because of the ground break effect Lucas was doing and focusing on? Does this make for good films? It takes more the effects to make a film, but if you hate something then there is going to no amount of facts to get you to like it. Sucks, but you just got to let people be.

Well that is the real problem. Two decades ago they couldn't do the effect as seamlessly as they can today. So JarJar didn't work as a puppet and cgi, had to do all one. The clone troopers were much the same, where they we all cgi in for consistency. Now BB-8 can be a quarter cgi instead of 100% cgi and you couldn't tell the difference. These days every single frame of modern movies is some how digitally enhanced. There is still a big difference between digitally removing the puppeteer and simply putting in a cgi character. Any movie these days will have more digital enhancements. Digitally enhancing a scene rather than creating a cgi cartoon with live actors is a big difference.

That isn't to say the prequels weren't ground breaking. They were and we certainly don't get TFA effects without TPM. Of course when it comes to cgi, rogue one went way over the top.

On 3/11/2017 at 0:28 PM, Mep said:

However they stopped Clone Wars and changed it to a original trilogy era cartoon because they don't feel fans like the prequels all the much.

Citation needed?

IMHO it had far less to do with prequel hate than with wanting to refocus the attention on the Civil War period to pull attention back to Luke, Han, Leia, etc as the bridge into Force Awakens and Rogue One. As many people have pointed out, several element of Clone Wars have made it into Rebels in a big way. They're not exactly hiding from it.

You can use google if you need a citation, specially after you were talking about all the marketing hype with the practical effects, which is them distancing themselves from the prequels.