New spoilers!!!

By DarthBlade, in Star Wars: Destiny

4 minutes ago, Stone37 said:

A player can earn up to three cards. There are two different ways a player can earn each of the three. It promotes players to come and play the game in the store and teach the game to others.

The problem is that if there are only 12 sets of cards, it doesn't encourage teaching new players. It encourages finishing your checklist as fast as possible to make sure you get the cards before they go away. Teaching games are not fast games.

Just now, Buhallin said:

The problem is that if there are only 12 sets of cards, it doesn't encourage teaching new players. It encourages finishing your checklist as fast as possible to make sure you get the cards before they go away. Teaching games are not fast games.

Always a problem with some people. Just enjoy the event whether u get extra cards or not. Good grief. It's a game.

R e l a x

Has no one else thought that at this point they might as well spoil all the cards before April. Otherwise everyone will just upload their finds from the event afterwords. I want a real preview ASAP.

Here is my question. Is it possible they meant to say 12 cards per promo for each kit vs per prerelease package? I say this because then you could have 3 full 12 player parties and everyone could get one of each card and 3 booster packs. That would be fair. If not why bother saying 3 kits? If it is correct what else is in the kit??

11 minutes ago, DarthBlade said:

Always a problem with some people. Just enjoy the event whether u get extra cards or not. Good grief. It's a game.

R e l a x

I think this is misplaced, and you obviously don't understand what my point is. Reading comprehension falls second to standard internet kneejerk again, I guess.

As mentioned above, I'll probably be running the event for our LGS. Promo cards are highly desirable, not to mention potentially valuable. People WILL do what they can to get them. I know these people exist, and will do what they can to ensure they get the promos. My concern is not whether I get them, it's whether everyone attending our event has a fair chance at them. That they only have 12 sets of cards creates an issue which I have to try and solve to make sure it's fun for everyone.

So if you want to get all huffy and feel superior to "those" players, go right ahead, just point it somewhere else.

I'm sad that the red card can't be paired with PotDS.

40 minutes ago, dpb1298 said:

Has no one else thought that at this point they might as well spoil all the cards before April. Otherwise everyone will just upload their finds from the event afterwords. I want a real preview ASAP.

Maybe it takes the load off of FFG if the community does all the leg work with spoiling. There will be a new thread every five seconds and all the negative threads will get buried.

51 minutes ago, Buhallin said:

Not true at all... look at this list:

op039_missionbriefcard.png

If you bring 2 decks... chances are, you're going to want to play. Those that don't have decks of their own can now borrow one.

We're all going to buy 3 boosters

That second deck you brought.... play two games and get that third promo.

LT4GuFu.gif

There is no way in hell I'd let a stranger play with a deck full of money cards. If I brought 2 decks they'd be full of crap. I don't even have interest 1 in the promos and not likely a store around here will even run this but it'll be worth looking to score some packs I guess. FFG is just hell bent on keeping the junk yard dog brawl going aren't they. Already compete for stock now there's competition to get the promo's before they get scooped. Not everyone is walking with these. Infact I bet the way this is set up 12 people will scoop them and 24 leave with packs only. Just seems silly to turn the player base further against each other.

2 minutes ago, Stone37 said:

If you bring 2 decks... chances are, you're going to want to play. Those that don't have decks of their own can now borrow one.

We're all going to buy 3 boosters

That second deck you brought.... play two games and get that third promo.

You're missing my point :) It's not about what it takes to get the prizes, it's about what happens if you have more than 12 people.

The first two are pretty easy - they're going to go to whoever gets in the door first. Which is problematic in itself, but at least neutral. Although it's worth noting the Death Trooper requirement is that you bring a second deck - no requirement for whether it gets used, or for what ;)

The last one is the problem. You have to play two games. Say you show up to and there are 20 people there. You know there are 12 cards. What are you going to do? Find a new player, spend 20 minutes explaining the rules and then an hour playing your first game, another half hour playing your second, and then turn in your checklist at the two hour mark only to find that the cards are gone? Or are you going to play two fast games with your buddy, aggro v. aggro, to make sure you finish quickly and get the cards before they run out? The same will go for anyone who doesn't bring the spare deck for the Trooper. They'll want to get into the game quickly to check off that box and make sure they get the card.

Again, I'm not saying this concerns me personally, but I'm worried about it for running an event. The promo cards aren't going to be enough to cover all the interested players, so it's going to create some perverse incentives. They may WANT it to encourage teaching people, but people who do teaching games will almost certainly have to give up the cards to do so.

49 minutes ago, Buhallin said:

I think this is misplaced, and you obviously don't understand what my point is. Reading comprehension falls second to standard internet kneejerk again, I guess.

As mentioned above, I'll probably be running the event for our LGS. Promo cards are highly desirable, not to mention potentially valuable. People WILL do what they can to get them. I know these people exist, and will do what they can to ensure they get the promos. My concern is not whether I get them, it's whether everyone attending our event has a fair chance at them. That they only have 12 sets of cards creates an issue which I have to try and solve to make sure it's fun for everyone.

So if you want to get all huffy and feel superior to "those" players, go right ahead, just point it somewhere else.

You made me laugh. You complain on nearly every thread I find you. My point was, just shut up and enjoy the game. Nobody cares about your problems. We just want to enjoy news without negative people like you on every thread. Enjoy your day nerd.

2 minutes ago, DarthBlade said:

You made me laugh. You complain on nearly every thread I find you. My point was, just shut up and enjoy the game. Nobody cares about your problems. We just want to enjoy news without negative people like you on every thread. Enjoy your day nerd.

That's uncalled for.

2 minutes ago, DarthBlade said:

You're right - trying to make sure the event is enjoyable for everyone who shows up is silly. I don't know what I was thinking.

37 minutes ago, WonderWAAAGH said:

I'm sad that the red card can't be paired with PotDS.

Unless we get a Yellow villian that does What Finn does but with Hero Weapons instead. It would be kind of cool on IG.

1 minute ago, GamerGuy1984 said:

Unless we get a Yellow villian that does What Finn does but with Hero Weapons instead. It would be kind of cool on IG.

Maybe Ezra down the road. Not sure who else would be likely.

13 minutes ago, DarthBlade said:

DarthBlade calling someone negative? Oh hello kettle. It's pot.

11 minutes ago, Buhallin said:

You're right - trying to make sure the event is enjoyable for everyone who shows up is silly. I don't know what I was thinking.

The obvious solution for me is to limit the sign-up to the first 12. You can come and enjoy the day (and play as many games as you want), but you are only in the running for the promos if you sign up early.

How many players do you have on a regular basis?

22 minutes ago, LordFajubi said:

There is no way in hell I'd let a stranger play with a deck full of money cards. If I brought 2 decks they'd be full of crap. I don't even have interest 1 in the promos and not likely a store around here will even run this but it'll be worth looking to score some packs I guess. FFG is just hell bent on keeping the junk yard dog brawl going aren't they. Already compete for stock now there's competition to get the promo's before they get scooped. Not everyone is walking with these. Infact I bet the way this is set up 12 people will scoop them and 24 leave with packs only. Just seems silly to turn the player base further against each other.

Well, that is your perogative. Maybe you won't get that first promo. That is okay.

Also, I really suggest that you reconsider. The only way to grow the community right now is for the "haves" to share with the "have not's".

I am a "have" and I regretted building and bringing only 2 decks last Saturday instead of 4 decks. I lent out Vader Raider first.

1 minute ago, Traxlenak said:

The obvious solution for me is to limit the sign-up to the first 12. You can come and enjoy the day (and play as many games as you want), but you are only in the running for the promos if you sign up early.

How many players do you have on a regular basis?

Our area is weird - we've got a lot of players but they're very distributed over a large area, and willing to travel. I expect that with the lure of SoR packs we're going to see a lot of people hitting multiple events.

Limiting signup could work, but (as someone pointed out) they give you enough SoR for 36 players. I'd also like to ensure that as many people who show up get things as possible. I'm leaning towards going a raffle route - each one individually, so good chance that everyone gets something.

22 minutes ago, LordFajubi said:

Not necessarily. According to the article, players let the organizer know they have completed each objective as they happen. The first two objectives may happen shortly after the event starts - bring two decks and buy three packs. The third objective has to happen after two games are played. So, there's a bit of time between 1 and 2 and then 3.

Realistically, no one is gonna wait to do four ranged damage to eat the first prize. They'll just bring one crappy deck, as mentioned. Everyone will want to buy packs, so objective two is easy. Objective three might as well not exist at that point, because people are gonna play games anyway.

Personally, I think they should just be handed out like at the pre-release and if there are more players than prizes, then cut the prizes accordingly (so instead of a few people getting all three, everyone could get two to satisfy all players).

Just now, Buhallin said:

Our area is weird - we've got a lot of players but they're very distributed over a large area, and willing to travel. I expect that with the lure of SoR packs we're going to see a lot of people hitting multiple events.

Limiting signup could work, but (as someone pointed out) they give you enough SoR for 36 players. I'd also like to ensure that as many people who show up get things as possible. I'm leaning towards going a raffle route - each one individually, so good chance that everyone gets something.

I think you know what is best for your players, but maybe limiting promos to 1/person is a good Idea for you. Then, first success, first choice. The first 12 people to an achievement can choose to get that card. If they have another card they want, they can try for that achievement instead.

1 minute ago, Traxlenak said:

I think you know what is best for your players, but maybe limiting promos to 1/person is a good Idea for you. Then, first success, first choice. The first 12 people to an achievement can choose to get that card. If they have another card they want, they can try for that achievement instead.

<nod> I'm considering this too - some sort of a rotation to guarantee everyone gets something (which the raffle wouldn't necessarily do). Either way, I'll do my best to make sure everyone who shows up gets at least some promos.

Best news of the day and a great surprise. I've already confirmed that my LGS will hold the event. Only 24 more days ... :wub:

Edited by NetCop

What we have here in this thread is:

Image result for Internet Warrior

Edited by GrandMoffMatt
5 hours ago, GamerGuy1984 said:

Curious about FFGs opinion on stores with less than 36 players, thats the number for 3 packs each. We currently have 6 players so wonder if FFG would mind if we allowed 6 packs instead of three. Know my shop owner probably wont like sitting on roughly three boxes of product for about a month.

Why have one event when you can have 6 events at six times the cost.